Centacare Family Services offers relationship and community services to individuals, couples, and families. As a Catholic agency we provide professional assistance in a manner which promotes human dignity and enhances growth and wellbeing.
Centacare Family Services are currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced coordinators to join our Geraldton based, Community Volunteer Services team.
A remuneration package based on the SCHCADS Award 2010 will be offered based on skills and experience; level 4.1 $41.52 per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging options.
This is a part time position working 20 hours per week. The work roster is flexible and will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Promote and increase the awareness, participation and understanding of volunteering in the community.
- Facilitate placement of volunteers in appropriate agencies.
- Assist Volunteer-Involving organisations to recruit, manage and support volunteers and to build their volunteer program.
- Promote the Community Volunteer Service at community events and expos.
Selection Criteria: Qualifications
- Formal qualifications in Business, Events and/or a community services discipline would be well regarded but not essential.
Selection Criteria & Experience
- Proven experience in engaging with community members and organisations.
- Experience in the delivery of presentations, public speaking or in person training.
- Experience in record keeping and report writing.
- Sound computer knowledge and use of programs such Outlook & Microsoft office.
- Ability to work within the philosophy and ethos of Centacare.
- Prior experience in the development of online training or content would be well regarded but not essential.
Inline with our values and commitment to encouraging diversity and equal opportunity in the workplace, Centacare welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Successful applicants will hold, or be able to obtain, a WA Working with Children Check, National Police Clearance no older than 12 months, and a current WA Driver’s License.
How to Apply: Using the APPLY NOW button please submit your current resume along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role based on the selection criteria.