Coordinator of Supports | 6 Months Parental Leave
We are seeking experienced, compassionate, reliable, and dedicated NDIS Coordinator of Support who has a real passion for making a difference to the lives of people with a disability.
Kurri Kurri Community Services (KKCS) is a social enterprise that has been supporting communities in the Hunter Region for over 35 years. We operate a portfolio of not-for-profit businesses that provide a wide range of supports and services to individuals, families, businesses, and other community-based organisations.
Our Vision is stronger and more resilient communities where people come together to empower and support one another – ensuring all community members can live, work, learn and socialise as they choose.
Kawa Disability Services (a division of KKCS) are a team of experienced multi-disciplinary professionals providing specialised supports that are focussed on participants, as individual. Participants Choice is our Passion. Kawa has provided Disability Services to our community for over 10 years. Through Kawa’s range of Disability Services, our dedicated specialists work collaboratively with participant, communicate with participants, and provide the best care and support services to our participants.
We have a dedicated team of professional support workers who provide service in the Cessnock, Maitland, and Newcastle LGAs.
About The Role
The purpose of this role is to provide a point of contact for all participants, their families, and other key stakeholders. To ensure the delivery of high-quality services that are person centred and based on the individuals needs and choices. The role will also promote the independence and inclusion for participants and their families.
This position reports directly to the Business Unit Manager of Kawa Services and is offered on a full-time fixed term basis to cover 6-months of parental leave.
For full details of the duties a, please refer to the Position Description.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and/or experience with NDIS My Place portal and PRODA
- An understanding of the NDIS and its impact on the lives of people with a disability.
- An ability to assess and respond to individual needs.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people to build trust and develop rapport.
- Knowledge of Community Service Providers and Support within the Hunter Region.
- Effective time management and organisational skills, ability to prioritise work and meet deadline
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Disability, Community Services or Mental Health qualification and relevant experience
- Valid NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Certificate of completion – NDIS Worker Orientation Module (or willing to obtain)
- Must have reliable, roadworthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance and current Australian Driver’s License.
- First Aid (less than 3 years old) and CPR (less than 12 months old).
- Person centric on-boarding and training programs to ensure success.
- Generous hourly salary + benefits + salary packaging options.
- Employee assistance program
- Inclusive and collaborative team culture in a fun work environment.
- Ongoing paid professional development.
- Flexible hours and secure opportunities to suit your lifestyle.
How to Apply
KKCS is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged, to apply.
Applicants are required to provide work related reference checks, undergo a National Criminal Record Check, and provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with the current Public Health Directive for In-home and community aged care and KKCS vaccination policy.
If you have the passion, energy, and experience to provide care and support in a growing and successful social enterprise like Kawa Disability Services please submit an up-to-date resume outlining your skills and experience via Seek.
If you would like some any more information or to obtain a copy of the position description, please direct enquiries to [email protected]