Emerge Women and Children’s Support Network
- Fixed Term 18 month contract, part time 4 days per week. Monday-Thursday
- SCHADS Award Level 5 plus superannuation and salary packaging
- Flexible, caring workplace that supports employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Dedicated, professional and creative team committed to supporting families impacted by family violence
WHO WE ARE
Emerge Women and Children’s Support Network (Emerge) is a specialist family violence service located in the City of Kingston. We run a 24/7 secure refuge, provide crisis accommodation, temporary housing and outreach services to women who remain in their homes. We also offer a variety of programs for women and therapeutic services to our clients, their children and the wider community.
Emerge is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. We support children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Children’s Counselor / Art Therapist to work with children, adults and dyads. We are looking for someone passionate, creative and collaborative.
- Experience working therapeutically with children, adults and dyads who have experienced family violence or other interpersonal trauma
- Experience in developing and facilitating therapeutic groups
- Strong understanding of trauma and attachment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Training and experience in art therapy, play therapy or other creative approaches to therapy
- Tertiary qualifications in Art Therapy, Social Work, Counselling or Psychology
- Recent National Criminal History Check
- Victorian Employee Working with Children Check
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
WHAT WE OFFER
Emerge employs have access to generous employee benefits including;
-Flexible work arrangements
-Maternity leave package
-Generous training and professional development opportunities
-SCHADS level 5
We offer a supportive and positive team culture and the opportunity to work in an organisation where our work is aligned to our values of collaboration, respect, courage, creativity, inclusivity, impact and kindness.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload a cover letter and your CV. Once you have applied you will receive an email with screening questions to complete.
If interested, please apply as soon as possible.
For a full Position Description or enquiries about the role, contact Julia, Therapeutic Services Manager on [email protected]