Are you passionate about making a positive impact in people’s lives? Do you have excellent listening and communication skills?
MSS is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Counsellor for 18 hpw , fixed-term to 30/06/2025, to join our Connected Families team and provide invaluable support to clients seeking guidance and emotional assistance.
WHY JOIN US?
- Well established, operating for over 40 years in the Mid-North coast
- Not-for-profit community-based organisation
- Rapidly expanding and consistently growing
- Positive, friendly work culture
- MSS Bonus leave
WHAT YOU NEED
- Degree, diploma or other tertiary qualification in counselling or psychology
- Eligibility for, or membership of, relevant professional association
- Current class C driver’s licence (not Ls)
Skills and Experience
- 12 months experience working as a counsellor or similar industry experience.
- Knowledge and skill in one or more of the following practice frameworks: solution-focused brief therapy; narrative therapy; emotional focussed therapy; systems approach; or cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Group facilitation and leadership skills.
- Sound working knowledge of the range of client needs and services available to support and assist the client group.
- Experience in networking and building community alliances
- Experience in participating in inter-agency meetings
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of the needs of people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer applications
- Ability to collaborate, network and maintain positive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional work ethic.
- Highly professional and ability to act in a compassionate, non-judgemental manner, with a strong desire to provide quality client service.
- Proven empathy to the individual needs of others.
- A thorough understanding of privacy and confidentiality principles.
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritise and get things done.
- Flexibility and ability to be adaptive.
MSS is a multi-service organisation whose mission is to enhance the quality of people’s lives by providing services that enable them to live with dignity and respect.
As part of our Connected Families Team, you will work within a fast-paced, values-driven environment and be part of a highly successful social support service for vulnerable families living in our local communities.
All candidates must send through a cover letter which addresses the essential criteria, and a resume. Candidates who do not do this WILL NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday 25th August at 5pm
For further information please contact our Senior Manager, Connected Families, Renee Scarlett on (02) 6551 1800.