Holyoake is a leading provider of counselling and support services for people impacted directly and indirectly by alcohol, other drugs, and related mental health issues. We operate through five locations in Victoria Park, Midland, Northam, Narrogin, and Merredin, and employ over 100 staff.
We are inviting applications from suitably skilled Counsellors/Art Therapists to work within our Young Person’s Programme on a part-time (3 days per week) basis until 30 June 2024, with the strong possibility of extension. This is a great opportunity to work within a dynamic and supportive team environment.
Holyoake is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and others from diverse communities to apply.
- Provide client assessment, planning, intervention, and case management to clients at our Victoria Park office.
- Provide a range of counselling and clinical interventions for youth and adolescence affected by alcohol and/or other drug use.
- Make professional, clinical decisions in consultation with Clinical Supervisor, Senior Counsellor and/or line manager as necessary.
- Ensure that case notes and client data are maintained to the required standards.
- Manage allocated client caseload in accordance with Holyoake clinical guidelines.
- Ensure that clinical services delivered reflect good practice standards and is in line with the Holyoake Approach, policy, and procedures.
- Contribute to the identification of client needs to inform service development opportunities.
- Strong understanding of evidence-based AOD models and theories
- High level AOD counselling skills and competency
- Interest in working with young people
- Good computer literacy and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to work non-judgmentally with a diverse client base
- Previous experience working with adolescents is beneficial
Criteria for successful applicants:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in counselling, art therapy, or similar
- National Police Clearance, no more than three months old
- Current Working with Children Check
- Valid WA Driver’s Licence
Holyoake is committed to developing employees and provides a flexible and supportive working environment. We offer:
- Very competitive salary, including great salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent opportunity to make a difference for others
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the criteria outlined above. To discuss this opportunity further, please email Clinical Services Manager, Rebecca Fitzpatrick at: [email protected].
Applications are due by Tuesday 19th September 2023. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.