- Part time position (Up to 60.8 fortnightly hours). Fixed term contract until 30 June 2024.
- Competitive annual salary + Super + Salary Packaging* (to increase your take home pay – plus benefits if relocating from Regional SA or interstate)
- Located in Hindmarsh
You’re welcome at RASA
Our belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything we do.
You will be joining an inclusive, supportive and welcoming culture. Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) Values are Diversity, Respect, Belonging and Learning and this is reflected in the way we work and treat each other. Our teams embrace people from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, beliefs, sexual and gender identities. We understand that your relationships are important, so we believe in being flexible, where possible, to support you to balance your work and personal commitments.
Who we are looking for
To be successful in this role you will:
- Diploma (AQF Level 5) of Counselling or Bachelor Degree (AQF Level 7) in social work.
- Demonstrated experience of working with vulnerable people or equivalent skills gained through study.
It would be a bonus if you:
- Experience of working with people affected by blood borne viruses.
- Experience of casework and or case management services.
What you will be doing
The Counsellor/ Case Manager provides culturally appropriate counselling, case management, referral, and education services to individuals, couples, families and groups who are affected and/or at risk of developing gambling problems, living with chronic disease such as HIV and/or Viral Hepatitis (Hepatitis C and B) and/or at risk of transmission of HIV and other STI and/or viral hepatitis.
- Work with members of the diverse communities to encourage seeking help and be actively involved in working with the worker to develop care plans and solutions to deal with the issues identified
- Provide information, support and counselling services to clients and their significant others either face to face or over the phone using a range of therapeutic methodologies
- Provide case-work and/or case management to meet the holistic needs of people affected and/or at risk of developing gambling problems and/or transmission of BBV.
- Provide services, which are culturally responsive, and meaningful.
For more information you can read the full Position Description.
If this role is what you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Memoona Rafique on 08 8245 8100.
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that the services provided at RASA sites mean that our employees need to follow some specific requirements:
A satisfactory DHS Working with Children Check
A satisfactory National Criminal History Check
Have had the three TGA approved and recognised COVID vaccine doses and provide the certificate. If you can’t comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances.
*How Salary Packaging can increase your take home pay
Salary packing is an entitlement granted by the Federal Government to workers in approved non-government and health organisations. Salary Packaging can increase your take home salary by creating tax free earnings. In effect, $15,899 of your wage can be paid tax free in each fringe benefit tax year. This ‘tax free’ amount is in addition to the tax-free threshold of $18,200 for income.
Follow the link to the Salary Packaging information provided by AccessPay, our chosen provider, to find out more.
Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, helping people to overcome difficulties and bring about positive change in their lives. We offer services for families, couples and individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. To find out more about RASA go to rasa.org.au.