- Part – Time, 0.6 FTE, Ongoing
- Work for a multi-award-winning iconic community health organisation
- Increase your take home pay with a generous Salary Packaging
So why cohealth?
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. Named Premier’s Health Service of the Year (Primary) and the Supporting LGBTIQ+ Health Service at the Victorian Public Healthcare Awards, cohealth’s 1000 staff demonstrate courage, leadership, innovation, and agility in their commitment to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, faiths, and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their role. Please click here to find out more.
About the role
The Counselling role is part of the Child and Family Team and provides a therapeutic service to residents in the western suburbs of Melbourne with a focus on children and families in marginalised communities.
This role has a particular focus on working with parents, caregivers, children and families and provides a crucial response to the psycho-social/mental health needs of cohealth clients in collaboration with other cohealth services.
Counselling duties are the primary focus, but the position also includes client directed care-planning, group work, case conferencing and health promotion. The position is primarily located at North Melbourne however may be required to work from other sites as needed.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
Your duties include:
- Provide counselling services to a range of individuals, groups, and families with a particular focus on children
- Facilitate referrals for clients
- Work with other professionals in an inter-professional approach within the Child & Family team
- Provide group work, and secondary consultation and participate in projects and evaluation as required
What cohealth offers:
- Exciting Parental leave benefits
- cohealth offers primary carers 14 weeks paid parental leave upon completion of only 6 months of continuous service
- Eligible co-workers will continue to receive superannuation on unpaid parental leave as well
- Salary packaging to suit you – tax free amount of up to $15,900 p.a (mortgage, rent, or credit cards) and a further $2,650 p.a (meal, entertainment expenses and holiday accommodation) alongside generous reward programs from our salary packaging providers
- Novated Leasing available
- Counselling services for you and your immediate family through our EAP-Access provider, and mindfulness, resilience, and wellbeing programs
- We offer inclusion, equality, and opportunity in a workplace where making a difference counts (based on our guiding principles and values)
Our ideal candidate:
- Qualifications in counselling or social work, eligible for membership of AASW PACFA, or ACA and more than two years supervised experience providing counselling to the target group
- Ability to establish respectful professional relationships that have clear boundaries with consumers, staff, and partner organisations
- Understanding of Child Safety Standards
- An understanding of the family violence, mental health, and child protection sector
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Check, a Working With Children Check (WWCC), complete a Statutory Declaration, evidence of legal rights to work in Australia, and evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 (3 doses). Additionally, some roles will also require current AHPRA registration and/or NDIS Worker Screening Clearance.
Roles that are determined to be Risk Category A or B [staff that have direct and/or indirect contact with body substances and are at higher risk of occupational exposure to infections] will be required to provide evidence of immunisation assessment including Influenza prior to commencement [A] or within 12 weeks of commencement [B]. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the Key Selection Criteria. We will be conducting interviews for this role as applications are received. This campaign will close on the mentioned date at 10.00 PM. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Lorena Wright [email protected]
To apply for this job go to: https://cohealthcareers.org.au/Current-Jobs & enter ref code: 6431933.
Applications close 14 September 2023.