Counsellor – Darwin, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 6 – $115,206 trp (including salary $102,546)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,995 p/a)
- Ful time Position based in Darwin (Ongoing – Subject to funding)
- Relocation assistance offered
- Staff rewards program with savings and discounts at over 450 well known retailers
- Access to Wellbeing Centre providing support to a healthier and happier life
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
About CCNT and the Program
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT.
CatholicCare NT’s counselling program aims to enable children, young people and adults in all their diversity to develop and sustain safe, supportive and nurturing family relationships, and reduce the emotional, social and economic costs associated with disruption to family relationships.
CatholicCare NT provides a number of Family and Relationships programs.
About the Opportunity
The role of the Counsellor is to work within a cohesive and integrated team, providing high quality, responsive and culturally appropriate counselling services. The counsellor’s role is to support and strengthen family relationships, prevent breakdown, enhance children and young people’s wellbeing and mental health, assist couples and families to manage issues arising from relationships, including family violence, and support children after parental separation.
CatholicCare NT Counsellors provide a range of evidenced based therapeutic interventions including family therapy, individual and groups counselling, support and information and referral. These interventions are primarily targeted to support critical family development and transition points including formation, extension, and separation.
Counsellors may specialise in particular areas depending on skills, experience, and client need.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work
- Demonstrated experience working with children, young people, adults, and families.
- Membership of a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA.
- Demonstrated competence in using a broad range of evidence-based counselling and group work approaches to support client outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including case note writing
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Darwin is a vibrant coastal town with an easy commute, lively and diverse culture and situated right next door to world heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Full of contrasting landscapes and diverse habitats, the rugged cliffs of Arnhem Land escarpment hide deep sandstone gorges and pockets of monsoon rainforests, with innumerate waterfalls cascading into pools lined with pandanus and gum trees.
In this role you will have the privilege of working closely with multicultural families and communities It will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an amazing part of the world. This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.