Welcome to Relationships Australia Northern Territory:
Relationships Australia Northern Territory (RA-NT) is a community-based, not-for-profit, non-government organisation providing a broad range of services for all members of the community regardless of religion, belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background, or economic circumstances.
We believe Relationships Matter, and respectful relationships can empower people to belong, connect and have meaning and confidence to meet the challenges of our time.
About the role:
The primary function of the Counselling role is to provide high quality counselling (and where applicable relationship education services) to individuals, couples, family, and children. The position will involve working collaboratively within The Counselling Team to maintain excellent standards of practice and may also involve some networking with other agencies.
What we offer:
We provide a positive work culture and a diverse and inclusive environment. Our people matter to us, and we are committed to supporting them and their wellbeing. We play an active role in the professional development of our staff.
- Competitive Salary + 10.5% Super + Salary Sacrifice (up to $15,899 for tax free benefits and $2,650 p/a for entertainment benefits)
- Relocation support of $4000, conditions apply
- $3000 Professional Development allowance and 10 days study leave, pro rata
- 5 weeks Annual Leave with leave loading + 3 days extra leave between Christmas and New Year
- EAP for employees and family members
- $500 Wellbeing Allowance per financial year
- Cultural Fitness
- Provide high quality clinical services to individuals, couples, families, and children.
- Deliver services that are appropriate, sensitive, and respectful for a diverse range of people from a variety of different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities.
- Meet RA-NT’s targets for completing counselling sessions and other activities as per position requirements.
- Support the referral process when engaging with other community agencies and service providers.
- Co-facilitate relationship education courses as and when required.
- Promote RA-NT’s services where appropriate, through professional and community networking opportunities.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or equivalent
- Eligibility ‘only’ for APS, AASW or other equivalent counsellor/therapist professional membership.
- Demonstrated experience in counselling individuals and couples
- Experience in delivering quality customer service to a diverse range of people, including but not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, LGBTIQ+ and people with disabilities.
- Ability to work as a team member within the ethos, values, and standards of professional competence of RA-NT with a strong commitment to on-going professional development
- Well-developed administrative, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Qualifications in couple and/or family therapy
- Experience in delivering workshops and group facilitation relating to community education services and/or professional groups.
How to apply:
To apply please submit a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria (no longer than 1 page) and an up-to-date Resume including two Referees. To discuss this position further please contact Belinda Emmerson-Whyte on 08 8923 4999.
Applications will be processed as received and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.