International Health and Medical Services (IHMS)
IHMS is a large Australian based organisation that specialises in providing compassionate and professional multidisciplinary medical care in challenging environments. We primarily work with governments and large private organisations to deliver industry leading service to patients.
We are globally recognised for our unique expertise and offer fantastic opportunities to undertake meaningful work with patients where others can’t. We offer opportunities for people to learn and grow their skills and knowledge in a caring organisation focusing on professional development and clinical excellence.
- Part Time Contract, immediate start
- Work 4 days between Monday to Friday, business hours
- Competitive pay rate, free onsite parking
- Exceptional opportunity to be part of a well-established organisation
Seeking an experienced Drug & Alcohol Counsellor to work at our immigration detention facility based in Broadmeadows on a part-time basis.
The D&A counsellor will provide counselling services in the Immigration Detention Facility through assessment, case formulation, case management and therapeutic interventions for clients identified with substance and alcohol dependencies. Key responsibilities:
- Provide individual drug and alcohol counselling
- Facilitate SMART recovery groups and sessions
- Facilitate group sessions on a diverse range of drug and alcohol topics
- Provide assessment, counselling and case management services including support and referral services
- Ensure that documentation is accurate, precise and concise
- Provide health promotion education and activities
- Working with people from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds
- Be recognised, well-acknowledge and rewarded
- Multidisciplinary, dynamic and collaborative team
- Opportunities to expand your career and support an Australian and international network
- Be part of a large, well respected medical organisation
- Great opportunity to enhance your skills
- Full working rights in Australia
- Relevant qualifications and experience in counselling, social welfare, education or social sciences
- Proven experience in providing assessment and treatment services to people with drug and alcohol problems. clinical coordination and management of people with co-morbid substance use disorders and mental health problems.
- Experience in risk assessment within the counselling environment (mental health, drug and alcohol)
- Demonstrated current clinical knowledge and experience to effectively manage clinical issues in the assessment and treatment of people with drug and alcohol problems
- Desirable accreditation as a SMART Recovery facilitator or willing to obtainCurrent Basic Life Support (BLS) or First Aid Certificate
- Ability to use Electronic Medical Records systems, e-mail, excel and MS word
Don’t miss out this unique opportunity, click Apply now!
Only suitable shortlisted candidates will be contacted