They are currently looking to recruit a Counsellor for a 12 month contract, based in Cairns, to undertake the following duties:
- Provision of high quality clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of group programs as required.
- Maintaining clinical records according to required standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
- Liaising and forming partnerships with DVA, the ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Participation in program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures.
- Qualification as a registered Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration, OR
- Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation.
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance.
If you are suitably qualified and available for immediate interview, please apply by sending your resume and a 1 page document outlining how you meet the above selection criteria and can contribute to the delivery and facilitation of our clients programs.
Closing date for all applications: midday Friday 29th July 2022.