• Part time or full time available
• Clinical practice supervision and specialist training provided
• Located in Milton, Qld
Become a part of a contemporary and diverse counselling team where you can genuinely make a difference in the safety and wellbeing of families.
As a counsellor you will have the unique opportunity to develop a broad range of skills and develop your practice experience within a nationally recognised service, working within a client centered and strengths based practice.
Kids do better when their parents feel supported. Parentline is here to support parents 8am-10pm, 7 days a week. Parentline offers free confidential phone and WebChat counselling and support for parents and carers of children in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Kids Helpline, Parentline, child protection, domestic and family violence support, mental health support, suicide prevention and employment are all services powered by yourtown.
Realise your potential at yourtown.
Key information about being a Parentline Counsellor:
• You will be passionate, driven, professional, and aligned with yourtown values & our mission!
• Your practice will be reflective and invite insights and continuous development through operational and practice supervision frameworks
• Our services are provided by phone, email, and web chat so this is an important area for you to feel confident in learning new approaches and practices
• Being open, confident, and agile in learning new systems or responding to technological change is important
• Parentline operates from 8am – 10pm every day; this allows for part time or full time opportunities. This model does require Counsellors to be flexible to a variety of shifts in a roster across the full operational scope, inclusive of weekends. Rosters are negotiated on commencement.
• This intake of Counsellors will commence with yourtown on 16 October 2023
• Mandatory training (full time/ business hours) will be required across the period 16 Oct – 19 Oct 2023
what we are looking for
What is key to yourtown, is that you genuinely want to make a difference in the lives of families, and can demonstrate the following key criteria:
• Relevant bachelor degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, Human Services
• Minimum of 1 year counselling experience, or other related experience in working with parents/families
• Demonstrated understanding of social, cognitive, developmental and mental health issues confronting children, young people and their families
• Demonstrated high level of commitment to the principles of client centred practice, empowerment and confidentiality
• Ability to be flexible and resilient across a shift work environment
• Ability to work across technology and systems
When you join yourtown you will be welcomed into a safe, inclusive, and diverse community and an established and reputable national organisation. We are a resilient, resourceful, and dedicated team who strive to make a difference and not accept the status quo.
Your employment experience will include:
• salary sacrifice options to increase your take home pay
• regular line supervision and support plus internal practice supervision
• ability to negotiate flexible work hours and work arrangements
• opportunities for internal and external professional development
• free access to LinkedIn Learning including over 16,000 learning modules
• a genuine focus on employee health and wellbeing
• yourWellness program includes free access to Calm & Centr Apps
• access to free and confidential counselling sessions for you and members of your immediate family
• access to discounted private health insurance, banking and finance, insurance, and superannuation through our partner organisations
• an environment that genuinely values diversity and cultural capability and is an equal opportunity employer
how to apply
If you believe in the power of young people and in yourself, join team yourtown and have an amazing impact on the lives of young people, their families, neighbourhoods and the wider community in Australia.
To apply, and for a full Position Description please visit: https://careers.yourtown.com.au/.
Contact: Marnie Elliot – Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0434 609 384
Role closes: 3 September 2023
yourtown is committed to providing services that protect and keep children, young people and adults at risk free from harm. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory screening for child-related employment including the completion of a National Criminal History Check and retention of a valid Working with Children Check.
yourtown supports vaccination as the best way to keep our people and our communities safe from Covid-19. We require all employees, volunteers, students and contractors to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
“In our team we value diversity, inclusivity and people who want to make a difference”