Join the Ruby’s Reunification Program and be part of a collaborative team dedicated to keeping families together and supporting young people to avoid homelessness.
You’ll actively and positively engage with young people and their families experiencing high degrees of conflict.
Flexible part time hours available
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or equivalent
- Professional experience in the delivery of counselling services
- Experience working with young people and families, and knowledge of adolescent development and the impacts of trauma
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches including narrative therapy, family and systems theory and attachment theory
- Provide high standard of counselling to young people and their parents or caregivers to resolve conflict and improve relationships.
- Provide high standard of counselling which supports young people who are dealing with the effects of sexual violence and sexual abuse.
- Operate within the Ruby’s Reunification Service Model for Service Provision
- Complete a range of health, risk and safety assessments for clients
- Advocate for clients and establish sound relationships with appropriate stakeholders and external services
- Maintain thorough and appropriate case notes and client files
Uniting Communities is a leading, inclusive not-for profit community services organisation working alongside more than 80,000 South Australians each year to reduce inequality, improve wellbeing, overcome disadvantage and support people to live the best lives they can. We value diversity and are committed to providing respectful, accessible services.
About the Benefits
- In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 per year pre tax and additionally a $2,650 Meals and Entertainment card.
- To see how this could potentially benefit your take home pay, visit our salary packaging provider – Access Pay
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Early Intervention Physio Program
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
Check out our additional benefits at www.unitingcommunities.org
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position description and a current resume including the names of 2 current referees, including a past or current supervisor.
To discuss in confidence, please call Ethan on 0497 511 184
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 18th August 2023.
As an organisation, we are committed to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are required to work within our code of conduct and undergo relevant pre-employment checks.