Are you passionate about making a positive impact on people’s lives? Do you possess excellent listening and communication skills? We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Counselor to join our dynamic team and provide valuable support to individuals seeking guidance and emotional assistance.
As a Counselor at Anglicare, you will play a pivotal role in supporting clients through their emotional, behavioral, and mental health concerns. You will conduct one-on-one counseling sessions, facilitate group therapy, and develop personalized treatment plans to help clients navigate their unique circumstances.
- Work with village staff to identify at-risk residents and provide support.
- Cultivate relationships with all residents.
- Provide crisis intervention and emotional support when necessary.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the program by assisting with policies, procedures, and work practices.
- Maintain a high profile and visibility within the Village by attending and hosting events and generally being seen out and about.
- Ensure a full client caseload is maintained by working within program targets.
- Stay updated on the latest developments and research in the counseling field.
Skills, knowledge, and experience needed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or a related field.
- Experience or understanding of the issues facing older people.
- NSW driver’s license
- Member of AASW, APS, or organisations registered with PACFA.
- Training and clinical experience in family and relationship counseling
- Strong communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of diverse counseling techniques and approaches.
Anglicare offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Excellent salary on offer with Not-For-Profit Salary packaging benefits with up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free
- An opportunity to build a career within a Christian NFP organisation dedicated to supporting communities
- Join an inclusive culture supported by learning and development opportunities.
- Rewards, discounts, recognition, resources, and more
How to Apply: If you are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and meet the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and a compelling cover letter outlining your experience and motivation for this role.
Join our team of dedicated professionals and help us create a positive impact in the lives of those seeking counseling and support. We look forward to welcoming you to the Anglicare family.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date, and as such, the closing date is subject to change.