- SCHADS Award Grade 5 – $105,446 TRP (including salary $93,859)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,900 p/a)
- Full time position based in Tennant Creek
- Relocation assistance offered.
- Local Tennant Creek residents encouraged to apply.
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
About CatholicCare NT or the Program
CatholicCare NT’s counselling program aims to enable children, young people, and adults in all their diversity to develop and sustain safe, supportive, and nurturing family relationships, and reduce the emotional, social, and economic costs associated with disruption to family relationships.
CatholicCare NT provides a few counselling and groupwork programs including:
- Family & Relationship Service (FaRS)
- Counselling – Catholic School Students
- Supporting Children after Separation.
- Children Parenting Counselling (including children affected by Parental AOD misuse and/or family violence)
- Employment Assistance Program
- Domestic Violence Counselling and Crime Victims (CV)
- Relevant qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work is essential. If qualification is in Psychology or Social Work, then additional evidenced study in Counselling is highly regarded.
About the role
The role of the Counsellor is to work within a cohesive and integrated team, providing high quality, responsive and culturally appropriate counselling and groupwork services. The counsellor’s role is to support and strengthen family relationships, prevent breakdown, enhance children and young people’s wellbeing and mental health, assist couples and families to manage issues arising from relationships, including family violence, and support children after parental separation.
Counsellors provide a range of evidenced based therapeutic interventions including family therapy, individual counselling and groups, support and information and referral. These interventions are primarily targeted to support critical family development and transition points including formation, extension, and separation.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated experience working with children, young people, adults, and families.
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA.
- Demonstrated competence in using a broad range of evidence-based counselling and group work approaches to support client outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including case note writing.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 21 September 2023
Interviews week of: 25 September 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Tennant Creek is located between Alice Springs and Katherine situated in the Barkly Tableland, which has seen the rise of many Australian premier cattle stations. The traditional owners are the Warumungu people. Tennant Creek is situated near the popular tourist destination the Devils Marbles and hosts the Desert Harmony Festival each year.
In this role, you will have the privilege of working closely with aboriginal families and the experience of immersing yourself in an amazing part of the world.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.