- Part time position (24hrs a week) based in Milton
- $39.04ph – $42ph + Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation with WFH options available
For 13 years Post Adoption Support Queensland (PASQ) has supported people across QLD whose lives have been affected by adoption.
About this role
As a Post Adoption Counsellor, you will improve the well being of people affected by adoption by providing therapeutic services such as counselling, therapeutic group work, other events, search (for family members lost to adoption), intermediary (outreach and connection with family members lost to adoption). The role also involves written work such as contributing to a quarterly newsletter, contributing to the PASQ Facebook page, and creation of information resources. We use a trauma-informed, family systems and strengths-based approach to support our clients.
- Salary Benefits – In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance – Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely
- Recognition and Reward – Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- fitness passport + purchase additional leave
- Professional development- Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
You will have a relevant tertiary (degree) qualification eg. social work, counselling, psychology and:
- An understanding of the key issues surrounding adoption such as trauma and its impact, grief and loss, identity and reunion issues.
- Experience delivering trauma informed evidence-based therapeutic services, individually and in groups.
- Demonstrated practice skills working therapeutically with adults and adolescents, preferably in a post adoption service.
- High level written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of search, outreach and intermediary practices.
- Current driver’s license.
Apply online today! (Interviews to commence before closing date)
Contact Jane Sliwka on 0481 063 615 to discuss the role in more detail.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.