We’re looking for a Counsellor for our True Support Services Hub in Rockhampton. Could it be you?
At True Relationships & Reproductive Health, we deliver quality health care, expert resources and training, and community education in sexual & reproductive health.
This is a part time contract position, 3 days per week (45.6hrs per fortnight) until December 2024.
We have an exciting pilot program, funded by the Queensland Department of Justice and Attorney-General, happening in Rockhampton to bring additional much-needed counselling services to the area.
Our new Counsellor will provide counselling services to adults and young people ages 14+ who have experienced sexual assault and/or reproductive coercion. They will also provide acute response/advocacy for victims/survivors.
As this is a pilot program, this role is on a maximum term contract until December 2024.
As our Counsellor, you will:
- Develop and implement service delivery that’s responsive to client and community needs.
- Contribute to the planning & evaluation of the counselling program as part of the Rockhampton team.
- Provide emergency crisis support during business hours to clients aged 14 and over who have been recently sexually assaulted.
- Provide confidential, individual counselling for clients, including via face-to-face, telephone, and Teams
- Plan, develop, facilitate, and evaluate appropriate counselling practice and group therapy programs as appropriate.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or Counselling to such level that entitles registration with respective counselling professional body
- Demonstrated understanding of cross-cultural issues, particularly those relating to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander culture, in providing counselling and support services to adults and communities who have experienced sexual assault
- Ability to understand appropriate legislation, best practice guidelines, and knowledge of interagency protocols in relation to sexual assault
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in complex trauma counselling
Who we are
We’re a Queensland charity that’s been around since 1972. We champion sexual and reproductive health and safe, respectful relationships for all. We have three areas of focus: clinics, counselling, and education.
We’re 50 years old, but we’re young at heart. We have a new CEO and lots of exciting initiatives on the horizon. Our people are diverse and we are a workplace where you can bring your whole self to work every day.
It’s a great time to be part of True!
Why work for True?
- A competitive salary + super, with salary packaging of up to $15,900 to increase your take-home pay
- 5 weeks of annual leave + 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible work available
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- The chance to work at a place that’s making a difference to people throughout Queensland
To obtain a copy of the full position description email [email protected] with the subject line Counsellor – Rockhampton
For enquires regarding this role email Lisa Harrison, Director of Nursing and Health Services at [email protected]
Applications close 5pm, 29th September 2023