- Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of local people and their Community?
- Full Time or Part Time positions – Flexible working arrangements
- $41.52 per hour plus a generous salary sacrificing benefits to significantly increase your take-home pay.
About CatholicCare Central Queensland
CatholicCare Central Queensland is a large, vibrant and well respected not for profit organisation providing services across the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton. From Mackay in the north to Bundaberg in the South, and out to Longreach in the Central West, our primary focus is based on our Christian Ethos and the principles of Catholic Social Justice.
As a member of the Clinical & Social Services Team, Counsellors are responsible for:
• Providing therapeutic counselling to individuals, families, groups, children and young people.
• Developing and implementing psycho education or community education services to individuals or groups.
• Implementing client outcome measures.
• Ensuring they provide services in accordance with relevant funding guidelines and standards including services in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975.
• Participating in program promotion and networking to ensure financial viability of the program.
Qualifications and Experience
• A relevant 4-year degree with a minimum one year of relevant experience
• Current C or CA class driver’s license (QLD).
• Proof of Membership and ability to maintain membership to one of the following professional associations: ACA Christian Counsellors of Australia QLD Counsellors Association Australian Community Counselling Association Inc – professional membership, ACWA, AASW and or APS.
• Provide client assessment and therapeutic counselling to children, individuals, couples and families in accordance to the Family Law Act 1975 (Family Counsellors).
• Develop, plan and supervise the implementation of psycho-educational, developmental therapeutic programs or community education activities.
• Implement client outcome measures in accordance with service guidelines, funding accountability and professional responsibilities.
• Provide response to critical stress incidents and to post traumatic stress disorders.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.
This position requires the completion of an Australian Federal Police check, an NDIS disability worker screening check, and attainment of a Blue Card for working with children, prior to commencement.
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents:
• A cover letter clearly addressing each core competency and requirements
• Your current resume
Apply today for a career that changes lives.