At Saltbush, we are ‘can do’ people with a passion and commitment to the delivery of easily accessible and culturally appropriate support that empowers a positive understanding and attitude towards better life choices.
We are seeking an experienced professional who can work as part of our growing therapeutic team to deliver assessment, training, development and therapy to meet the needs of Saltbush’s various wellbeing programs.
Your role will involve:
- Using a variety of therapeutic modalities to deliver trauma informed therapeutic assessment and interventions to people with mild, moderate and complex mental health needs.
- Developing and implementing treatment plans for young people, adults and their families.
- Improving the skill level of support staff through training and reflective practice sessions.
- Working collaboratively with case managers, specialists’ services and external providers.
- Liaising and collaborating with key Saltbush staff to promote effective coordination, integration and delivery of high-quality programs across our service.
Ideally, you will have an understanding of strength-based approaches and extensive experience working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander youth with co-existing and complex needs.
As a member of the Saltbush therapeutic team, you will also contribute to the overall development of the service, including data collection, practice standards, program and framework development, community networking and consultation to achieve an integrated best practice approach to service delivery.
You will be required to hold a tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Counselling along with current registration with the professional body relevant to your qualification/s.
If you are progressive in your thinking, genuine and creative in your approaches and enjoy being challenged to think outside the box for the best outcomes, then you will be a great fit.
Essential requirements for this position:
- National Police Clearance
- NT Working with Children (OCHRE) Card
- NT Manual Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid
- Appropriate qualifications
The salary is dependent on the skills and experience of an individual specific to the role and location of employment with Saltbush.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alison Edwards on 0408 781 721.
Saltbush Social Enterprises is a proud Aboriginal organisation that actively supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage who are committed in making a difference and we value them, their culture and experiences.
Saltbush has adopted the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988(Cth) (The Privacy Act) to govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of Personal Information.
Personal information will not be disclosed to a third party without a participant’s permission, except where permitted or required under Legislation or Legal obligation.
Saltbush takes steps to protect all personal, sensitive and health information and government related identifiers held by us against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.