- Are you interested in bringing your skills to one of Australia’s leading regional and community-based Health Service providers?
- Full-Time or Part-Time roles available to suit your lifestyle, based in Mt Isa, Queensland
- Excellent starting salaries for Counsellors $73,000 to $86,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 5 weeks annual leave, relocation assistance!
Come for the life experience, stay for the lifestyle
North and West Remote Health (NWRH) are currently seeking Counsellors (Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers, Social Workers, Counsellors) based in Mt Isa, with outreach to surrounding communities (Camooweal, Mornington Island, Doomadgee, Cloncurry, Normanton regions).
Your primary responsibility will be to deliver high-quality mental health assessment, treatment and intervention services, as well as psycho-social supports to clients of the Carers Gateway.
As a Counsellor with NWRH you will have the opportunity to expand your skillset whilst working with a broad range of clients experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns. This is a great opportunity for Social Workers interested in obtaining their Mental Health Accreditation.
We make a difference.
NWRH are seeking dedicated individuals who are culturally sensitive and adaptable. Although we provide support and we value working as a team we also require staff with the ability to work autonomously.
You will have high-level communication and negotiation skills to establish and support respectful and trusting relationships with individuals, teams, NWRH staff and the community at large.
Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply, provided you have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Counselling Association or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia.
Suitable professions include:
- Registered Psychologists
- Provisional Psychologists
- Mental Health Social Workers
- Social Workers
Our teams come from across Australia and include a wide range of ages, skills, and specialisations, so you’ll be working with the best! This variety enables us to collaborate in our engagement with clients and learn from one another’s viewpoints.
We love our work – so will you!
You’ll be joining a fantastic support network both in the Mental Health Team, and in the wider organisation here at North & West Remote Health.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll receive an excellent starting salary ranging from $73,000 to $86,000 commensurate with your qualifications and experience, PLUS a range of additional benefits, including:
- Up to $15,900 salary sacrificing;
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible working hours
- You will need a current, unrestricted ‘C’ class Australian Driver’s Licence;
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply
- Last day to apply: 31/08/2023