Are you a dynamic, passionate Couple and Family Counsellor who would like to build a private practice with the support of a group practice?
Jacqueline McDiarmid at the Sydney Couple and Family Specialists is looking for an exceptional practitioner to join her team on a contract basis.
Please apply by Friday 8th September 2023.
Couple and family therapy is perhaps the most complex, fast-paced and exciting work of all psychotherapy clinical presentations. It takes skill, specialist knowledge, wisdom, confidence and the right personality to successfully manage the therapy process when working with couples and families.
The Sydney Couple and Family Specialists is a busy and highly regarded private practice located in the Sydney CBD. All Therapists are trained in systemic therapy and work specifically with couples and families.
This unique opportunity will afford the Couple and Family Counsellor Therapist intense and supportive supervision and training (if required) to build a private practice whilst being supported in a professional environment.
This contract position will suit you if you have a passion for working with couples and families and would like to commence your own private practice with the support of a group practice.
Location: Sydney CBD
Days: Three clinical days per week including one Saturday a fortnight. You will be required to be available on the other days for administration tasks and supervision.
- Two plus years working clinically with couples.
- Two plus years working with families.
- Three plus years working clinically with individuals.
- Systemic training – either through professional development or post graduate qualification.
- Ability to work on your own.
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to maintain tight boundaries.
- Strong administration skills and highly organised.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Post graduate qualification in couple or family counselling (or both).
- Clinical experience working with families and couples.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Please submit a one-page cover letter addressing both the Essential and Desirable criteria with a paragraph about what appeals to you about this position plus your CV.
Please email all applications directly to Jacqueline McDiarmid at [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 8th September 2023.