Patient Educator / CPAP Therapist – Wantirna
We are growing – come and join our team. We will train you!
4.5 days per week
9am-5pm Four day weekday and 9am-1pm Saturday
If you love helping people & have a passion for the allied health industry, we’d love to hear from you.
At CPAP Victoria we are focused on improving quality of life for people affected by chronic snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea. We are a leading provider of professional Snoring and Sleep Apnoea services.
We work in small teams in clinics to deliver one on one support to patients by providing specialised CPAP therapy equipment & ongoing support services. We educate and support patients on their CPAP journey. We have 13 locations and employ 45 qualified CPAP consultants across Victoria.
In this role you will work 4 week days 9am to 5pm and on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. Your rostered day off will be Friday.
The role has 3 key areas of responsibility:
Consulting / Patient Education
- Providing advice, education and services for sleep patients both face to face & over the telephone
- Providing CPAP set-ups, ongoing service and equipment according to a Physician’s prescription
- Reporting to referring physicians, hospitals and medical service providers
- Over the counter sale of products and services
- Processing on-line orders, invoicing & general administration
- Ordering & unpacking stock
- Maintaining clinic equipment
- Sterilising equipment
- Maintaining an immaculate clinic and consulting area
And don’t worry, we’ll train you to do it all.
We look for colleagues who fit into our team, are ethical and empathetic and patient focussed. You’ll also need a strong work ethic because we work hard together.
You don’t need to be experienced in health or CPAP but you’ll definitely need:
- A passion for helping others
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A professional manner
- Confidence with computers and technology
You will work as part of a small team at clinic level and also have daily contact by phone with 45+ colleagues across our 13 clinics. You will work autonomously with patients. This job is very varied and provides a good balance of consulting, moving around the clinic, phone and face to face patient contact.
Desirable Qualifications and Qualities
We have found the role suits lots of different people, but it helps if you:
- Enjoy talking and love providing great customer service.
- Have previous experience working within a sleep related role. This position is ideal for Sleep/CPAP technicians, or retail roles that have a patient care focus such as pharmacy, optometry or podiatry clinics, professional service consultants and medical sales or medical reception.
- Have a qualification in a Health, Science or Sales/Marketing – although a qualification is not vital.
A compassionate and highly professional approach towards working with patients is essential.
Intensive training and support will be provided.
Feel free to explore us more at www.cpapvictoria.com.au
Please send Larissa your resume and cover letter.