Are you passionate about supporting your community alongside a values-driven organisation?
Join us in this exciting opportunity as a Case Manager in Darwin City!
The role you could play
As a Case Manager, you will provide outreach case management support to women and women with children who have experienced and/ or are currently experiencing family violence. The role also encompasses the delivery of assessment and crisis response.
Your key responsibilities
- Instrumental in delivering high quality, safe and effective family violence and child well-being responses to those seeking support, safety, and recovery
- Case management support is provided to clients in accordance with TSA case management models and standards of practice
- Ongoing assessment is made of the client’s issues, needs and circumstances from initial intake to exit
- Conduct ongoing risk assessment and safety planning for clients using agreed tools
- Individual case plans are developed in collaboration with clients and include a range of interventions that address the needs or goals of clients
- Case plans are implemented with active client participation
This a permanent full-time role, located in Darwin City, NT. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the SCHADS Level 5 Award.
The ideal candidate would bring
- Degree qualification in social work, welfare, community development or related field OR demonstrated high level of sector knowledge and skills attained through previous appointments, service and study/development
- Relevant experience in the family violence sector
- Experience in managing and overseeing case management and outreach support services
- Well-developed liaison and communication skills, including the ability to consult and negotiate with relevant agencies in the service sector and the public
- Demonstrated experience in effectively dealing with the impact of trauma
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft suit, and utilising Outlook, Excel, Word, and specialised client management record systems
- Experience in identifying, developing, and working in partnership with others
- Current Apply First Aid qualification
- Current Working with Children’s Check
Benefits working with The Salvation Army
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits ($2650)
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate, and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.