International Health and Medical Services (IHMS)
International Health and Medical Services (IHMS) is a large Australian based organisation that specializes in providing compassionate and professional multidisciplinary medical care in challenging environments. We primarily work with governments and large private organizations to deliver industry leading service to patients.
We are globally recognized for our unique expertise and offer fantastic opportunities to undertake meaningful work with patients where others can’t. We offer opportunities for people to learn and grow their skills and knowledge in a caring organisation focusing on professional development and clinical excellence.
- Work Monday to Friday, business hours
- Competitive pay rate, Immediate start available
- Opportunity to advance your skills and experience
Seeking an experienced Drug & Alcohol Counsellor to work at our immigration detention facility based in Pinkenba on a full-time basis.
We are seeking an experienced Drug & Alcohol Counsellor for a Full-time (5 days/week) contract in our facility located in Pinkenba. You will be providing group and individual counselling therapy and managing a recovery program for clients identified with substance and alcohol dependencies.
- Working with people from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Be recognized, well-acknowledge and rewarded
- Multidisciplinary, dynamic and collaborative team
- Opportunities to expand your career and support an Australian and international network
- Free parking available onsite
- Be part of a large, well respected medical organisation.
- Relevant qualifications and or experience in counselling, social welfare, education or social sciences
- Proven experience in providing assessment and treatment services to people with drug and alcohol problems. clinical coordination and management of people with co-morbid substance use disorders and mental health problems.
- Experience in risk assessment within the counselling environment (mental health, drug and alcohol
- Desirable accreditation as a SMART Recovery facilitator or willing to obtain
- Demonstrated current clinical knowledge and experience to effectively manage clinical issues in the assessment and treatment of people with drug and alcohol problems
- Current BLS or First Aid certificate
IHMS welcomes you to Apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. Only suitable shortlisted candidates will be contacted.