We require professionals who have strong engagement and communication skills and those who are committed to making a difference in the lives of Defence personnel and their families. You will join an established, reputable organisation committed to creating an inclusive, capable and supportive environment with thorough training opportunities.
During our 12 years of exclusive collaboration with the Defence Member Family services branch of the ADF, abrs have successfully recruited numerous contractors into roles across the Country; a vast proportion of which have subsequently been recruited permanently with ADF following their initial 12 month contracts. This opportunity is genuinely a great stepping stone into long term contracting and permanency with our Country’s Defence Force.
- Provide telephone counselling and referral assistance to callers who will require your crisis intervention and risk assessment skills.
- Carry out a range of assessments via telephone and skype
- Create detailed written reports
- Undertake various projects relating to a variety of Defence members
- Refer callers to other services which would be best suited
- Work efficiently within a team of professionals, including debriefing and sharing knowledge in order to best support callers
- Degree qualified in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Human Services/Social Sciences, Allied health professionals or degree qualified Nurses with experience and/or further qualifications within Mental Health.
- Proven crisis intervention and risk assessment skills
- Possess excellent communication skills and extensive experience writing detailed reports.
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- A passionate and motivated attitude to work
- Located in the ACT or willing to re-locate
- Willing to work over a 24/7 roster, including afternoon and weekend shifts
- 2 plus years of experience working with complex clients who have difficulties with Mental Health, Domestic Violence, Grief, AOD, Loss or Homelessness.
- A number of probity checks are required including holding a current working with children and undertaking a National police check.
Why partner with abrs to secure your next role?
Our values aren’t just things we believe in. They’re our entire foundation.
They’re the very reason we exist, and the reason we’ve returned every single cent of profit we’ve earned to charity.
Abrs is Australia’s only charity-owned Not-For-Profit Recruitment agency with 100% of our net revenue returned to fund programs that assist children, youth and families.
When you engage with abrs to secure your next career move you are participating in an ethical recruitment process that funds programs in the charity space.
Choosing abrs means you are helping us to help some of the most disadvantaged in our communities
To apply hit APPLY NOW as we will be shortlisting for this position soon. For a confidential discussion OR to find out more about the role please call Karen Lilley on 0481 382 648 or Connect on LinkedIn to stay up to date with all our vacancies