As a Defence Social Worker, you will be responsible for delivering complex social work services within an integrated workforce. Working under broad direction, you will have the autonomy to independently manage your work and contribute to the achievement of outcomes.
- Deliver social work processes and services in accordance with policies, directives, and legislation.
- Provide comprehensive assessments, bereavement support, brief interventions, and referrals to enhance social functioning.
- Develop complex briefs, reports, and correspondence for cases, Commissions of Inquiry, and critical incidents.
- Contribute knowledge and experience to the development of policies and services based on community and social work best practices.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver social work and community initiatives.
- Liaise with Australian Defence Force personnel, families, and community groups to provide appropriate support in alignment with Defence policies.
- Formulate strategies to minimize risks in the delivery of social work services by interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, data, and information associated with social work activities using established practices and procedures.
In order to be considered for this role you will be;
- Degree qualified in Social Work
- Able to fit into a supportive and friendly environment where working independently is as important as working in a team.
- You will receive a high level of guidance from a very experienced management team and your skills will be developed in this role.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ postgraduate experience in a social work-related position
- Must have demonstrated crisis intervention and risk assessment skills,
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) and have demonstrated report writing skills.
- Available for Full-time hours (5 days) per week
- Must be located in Canberra or nearby whereby a daily commute is reasonable
- Possess an Australian Drivers license with the ability for occasional travel to Albury/Wodonga and NSW South Coast
- You must be an Australian Citizen
Join our team and contribute to the well-being of Australian Defence Force personnel and their families. This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your skills, make a difference, and advance your career.
Note: Australian citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance are essential requirements for this role.
Why Partner with Abrs to secure your next role?
Our values aren’t just things we believe in. They’re our entire foundation.
They’re the very reason we exist, and the reason we’ve returned every single cent of profit we’ve earned to charity.
Abrs is Australia’s only charity-owned Not-For-Profit recruitment agency with 100% of our net revenue returned to fund programs that assist children, youth and families.
When you engage with abrs to secure your next career move you are participating in an ethical recruitment process that funds programs in the charity space. Choosing abrs means you are helping us to help some of the most disadvantaged in our communities.