DFV Immediate Safety Response Worker
- Full Time Maximum Term Contract to 1 March 2024
- Join a dedicated team providing critical support to individuals impacted by domestic and family violence
- Make a real difference in the lives of women and children in high-risk situations
- Work with a reputable organisation committed to tackling domestic violence
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
About South Burnett CTC’s Wondin-dee Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Service
South Burnett CTC’s Wondin-dee Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Service is dedicated to providing support and resources to individuals impacted by domestic and family violence. Our team is committed to creating a safe environment for women and children, and we are looking for a DFV Immediate Safety Response Worker to join us in this important mission.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we offer attractive salary packaging options, allowing you to maximise your earnings while making a difference in the community.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing immediate support to women and children experiencing domestic and family violence. Your primary focus will be to help them remain safe and navigate through challenging situations. Your duties may include court support, individual counselling, and facilitating group support sessions.
We are looking for someone who can adapt to changing demands and provide the necessary support in a compassionate and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum 3-year degree in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology, or a related field, OR a related qualification supported by significant, relevant experience
- Strengths and experience in working with people in high-risk domestic violence situations to support them in maintaining their safety
- A current Working with Children Blue card
You should be empathetic, non-judgmental, and passionate about supporting individuals impacted by domestic and family violence. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for building trust and rapport with clients.
Salary & Benefits
The position offers a salary of $41.52 per hour, in accordance with Level 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award. Additionally, we provide a not-for-profit salary packaging option, allowing you to optimize your earnings and take advantage of tax benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a real difference and contribute to the safety and well-being of individuals affected by domestic and family violence, we encourage you to apply today.
Applications close 20 September 2023
To view position description and apply visit: https://south-burnett.applynow.net.au/jobs/CTC60