Our vision at Whitsunday Counselling and Support Inc is to work towards the prevention and reduction of violence in the community by providing professional support services to women, children, young people and families who have experienced family violence, sexual assault or are at risk of neglect or abuse.
Whitsunday Counselling & Support Inc. has a team of dedicated workers across the Whitsunday region who support victims of Domestic and Family Violence, Sexual Violence, Specialist Family Counselling through education, empowerment, counselling and support. We are a not for profit community based organisation offering a range of confidential services, provided in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Practitioner to join our dedicated supportive team of Counsellors/Therapeutic Case Managers at our Cannonvale office, to provide counselling, court support and case management to vulnerable families within the Whitsunday region. You will be supporting our clients within the programs of Domestic and Family Violence Counselling, Sexual Violence and Specialist Family Counselling Programs.
If you are passionate and dedicated to supporting individuals and families impacted by domestic and family violence and in reducing domestic violence in our community; and want to be a part of our dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
The position is for a fixed term 12 month contract, for 38 hours per week full-time with a salary range is $41.52 – $49.65 per hour based on qualifications and experience. We have additional benefits including salary sacrifice available.
Applicants need to currently hold:
- Minimum qualification in Diploma of Counselling required; or
- A university degree or above in Social Sciences, Social Work, Psychology or other related discipline is desirable.
- A sound knowledge of the impact of domestic and family violence is desirable.
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience working in a domestic and family violence field.
- Eligible for membership with AASW, APS or ACA (or currently working towards gaining membership) is desirable.
- Mandatory to commence employment – Blue Card (QLD clearance to work with children)
Applicants must have a current Queensland Blue Card before commencing employment with Whitsunday Counselling and Support Inc.
- Current drivers’ licence is desirable.
Please request an application package. Applicants must address the Selection Criteria and other required information for this advertised position.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 13th September 2023
Applications will be reviewed as received.