- Permanent Full Time
- Salary: $ 83,988 plus super plus Salary Packaging
- Location: Shellharbour or Nowra NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Domestic and Family Violence Service is an intake, assessment, and referral service for families with children under 18. The service helps families in the Nowra and Shellharbour South Coast NSW LGA to achieve safety and security in their lives.
Mission Australia has a great opportunity for an experienced Case Worker to provide intensive case management to a joint caseload of DFV perpetrators and victims, with families with children between the ages of 0 – 18 years. Provide targeted support to vulnerable children and families to ensure that children are healthy and safe and families are provided with safe, nurturing environments. This position will provide outreach services as directed by the Program Manager.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide intensive case management to a joint caseload of DFV perpetrators and victims, with families with children between the ages of 0 – 18 years
- Work with families in a strengths-based approach in order to prevent and reduce child abuse and neglect.
- Provide families with support that is focused on parental vulnerability, specifically the impact of domestic violence, as well as mental health issues, drug or alcohol misuse, parent/s’ learning difficulty or intellectual disability and/or a lack of parenting skills or inadequate supervision.
- Deliver sessional, group based and issues focussed parenting programs to enhance parents’ competence by building their knowledge, parenting skills and confidence.
- Facilitate access to quality children’s services to assist families to achieve healthy child development.
- Provide assistance to families to access universal and specialist services within the local service system.
- Develop collaborative relationships with children, families, other agency staff and communities
- Complete a range of internal and external reports relating to clients and the program
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and / or relevant experience in the human services industry.
- Experience with domestic violence / family services / child protection.
- Experience in case management and the delivery of living skills and / or parenting programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing vulnerable families and their children.
- Computer literate in a Windows environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Current Driver’s Licence and Senior First Aid Certificate
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description Domestic and Family Violence Case Worker PD- Child Safe.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications close on Friday 22nd September. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you