Due to additional funding two 12-month contract positions have become available at DVPC.
Who should apply?
We will consider applications from both emerging (limited experience with transferable skills or new graduate with placement in DFV sector) and experienced practitioners (2 years minimum as specialist DFV worker) to work with women to deliver an individualised response to domestic violence risk, safety and well-being.
About the role
Responses that a Women’s Advocate will provide in this role may include information, advocacy, individual or group responses, either via phone or in-person along with referrals to external services and agencies to meet the woman’s identified needs.
For the full Position Description with the Key Selection Criteria (which you will need to provide written responses to) please visit our website.
DVPC work hours are 36.25 per week.
Emergent: SCHADS Award SACS Level 4
Experienced (min 2 years specialist DV practitioner experience): SCHADS Award SACS Level 4
The pay point will be determined by the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications.
The Domestic Violence Prevention Centre (DVPC) is a specialist service which supports women, young people and children who have experienced domestic and family violence. We also deliver the Men’s DV Education and Intervention program and convene an Integrated Response group that works with agencies on the Gold Coast to improve collaboration and responses to high risk women and children to enhance their safety and wellbeing.
DVPC is committed to working towards a country in which all women can exercise their rights to live free from violence and make informed choices about their relationships.
We offer employees
- A dynamic workplace that values innovation and quality practice
- A commitment to staff well-being and professional development through Employee Assistance Programs, Supervision and Training & Development
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary with salary packaging benefits
How to apply
- Visit our website to download the Position Description (https://domesticviolence.com.au/about-us/job-opportunities/)
- Write a cover letter responding to the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description
- Upload your resume and cover letter via Seek
Applications close on Monday 11 September, 9.00am.
For enquiries please email [email protected]