Position Classification: Psychologist / Counsellor / Social Worker Level 1 or 2
Remuneration: $65,778 – $103,282 pa + super & packaging
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ324025
Closing Date 31 July 2022
- Be part of the journey in changing people’s lives
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Be part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team
What you’ll be doing
Provide high quality care to clients and their family/carers to ensure the provision of evidence based interventions and optimal health outcomes consistent with ISLHD policies, procedures, standards, relevant legislation, and the NSW Health Code of Conduct. This position provides the above service to the Drug and Alcohol Adult Counselling Service. This service provides assessment, counselling and case management to adults with alcohol or other substance misuse issues, and their family, carers or friends.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future temporary and permanent full-time and part-time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
National Police Checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application#
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with https://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/Pages/doc.aspx?dn=PD2020_017 before employment can commence.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencement with NSW Health OR provide an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to securing this role. Please also provide proof of booster vaccination, if available.
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required. Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
For further information visit: https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or other relevant behavioural science.
- Demonstrated superior skills/experience in counselling drug and alcohol clients with complex needs, using a range of modalities e.g. CBT, DBT, ACT.
- A demonstrated understanding of alcohol and other drug issues, and the harm minimisation philosophy.
- A proven ability to work in a health related field and provide a range of interventions e.g. psychosocial assessment, case management ,group work, advocacy and education.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of electronic information systems.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence, with the ability to travel in accordance with position responsibilities.