- Join our new & inclusive Early Childhood Intake team in Chatswood
- Multiple Temporary Full Time role to 30 June 2025
- Option of 5 day/week or 4 day/week roles
- $79,628.61 pa + Super + Salary Packaging available
Who are we?
The NDIS Partners in the Community Program (PITC) supports the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to be implemented at a local level.
As a NDIA partner, Northcott will deliver the NDIS Early Childhood Approach (ECA) service to local communities in Northern NSW, Mid North Coast, Hunter New England, North Sydney and Western Sydney. The EC approach supports the activities that will improve independence and social participation of children aged 0-9 years with developmental delay and/or disability.
What’s on offer:
We are looking for engaging an Intake Coordinator to join a cohesive team responsible for supporting a crucial function along the Early Childhood Approach pathway.
About the role:
This key opportunity would suit someone with tenacity, resilience, strong problem solving skills and technical knowledge who can also manage competing deadlines.
You will be responsible for;
- Complete the intake process for children seeking to access supports through the NDIS.
- Ensure children and families are supported using a child and family centred approach to determine the most effective supports
- Delivering and maintaining excellent customer service with each interaction
- Considering evidence presented and performing functional assessments as required
- Working within a strengths based, family-centred approach to support families in capacity building, problem solve and source outcomes
We are looking for strong, all round team players who can embrace challenges for a common goal; to enrich the lives of children and families in local communities. You will embrace a diverse skill set that includes recent experience in building capacity and driving continuous improvement.
Essential Qualifications and Experience required:
- Minimum Diploma Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences, Early Childhood Education, Allied Health Professions or other relevant professional field.
- Experience completing functional assessments of children with disability or developmental delay.
- Moderate report writing and IT skills including database management as you will write reports, and provide details to the NDIA on a child’s developmental and functional abilities, so proficient use of a computer is essential
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding set KPIs/ targets/ deadlines
- Experience ensuring customers are satisfied while still meeting business objectives
Other requirements include:
- Current Driver’s Licence – P1 minimum
- Valid Working with Children’s Check Clearance – mandatory
- Valid NDIS Worker Screening Check (NDIS WC) or willingness to obtain – mandatory
- Working Rights in Australia for Full Time Employment
- Fully vaccinated for Covid19 (including minimum 1 x booster) in accordance with current Northcott Requirements (unless granted an exemption).
- Successful pre-employment police check
- Induction Training program – We have a tailored training program to help you understand how we meet targets and see the highest standards
- Supportive and experienced Team Leaders & Managers – we want to see you succeed!
- Diverse and Inclusive – Our teams are multi-cultural and make it a point to embrace different cultures and opinions
Benefits we offer
- A diverse group of people in a great team environment, who share knowledge, pursue growth and a desire for excellence.
- Salary packaging, Perkbox, health and wellbeing benefits and more
- Great leave entitlements & flexible working environment.
The role will be based out of our Chatswood office, covering the local North Sydney region, and involves some travel.
To apply, please provide an updated Resume along with a brief covering letter giving an overview of your skills and experience relevant to the requirements of the role.
Applications close: Friday 15th September 2023
We will be shortlisting and interviewing during this time, so apply now!
If you have any questions outside of the information provided, please email Corrine McGann at [email protected]
We don’t just focus on the bottom line. Our passion is to support children and families with both undiagnosed and diagnosed disability to live the life that they choose. As a large not-for-profit organisation we offer an inclusive culture, a diverse group of people in a great team environment, growth and desire for excellence. We also offer salary packaging, great leave entitlements and a flexible working environment available.
Agencies need not send through applications.
When applying internally, Northcott employees are required to notify their Manager and should be aware that their Manager may be asked to endorse their application.
Covid Vaccination Status
The health and safety of our people, customers, and communities is our number one priority. To maintain this, we require all of our employees to show evidence that they have received the two full primary doses and at least one booster dose of a TGA approved Covid-19 vaccination. Evidence of your current vaccination status or medical exemption will be required. Northcott will consider exemptions on a case-by-case basis.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Northcott actively promotes diversity and inclusion in the recruitment process and throughout employment. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected and supported to progress. Northcott welcomes applications from and ensures no one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, culture, LGBTIQ+ identity, disability, gender, age, religion or caring responsibilities. If you require an adjustment to participate in the recruitment process, if you have a preferred contact method or require any information provided in an alternative format, please contact Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at [email protected] .