- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network – Marion GP Plus Health Care Centre – Mental Health Services
- Salary $86,950 – $100,729 p.a. (pro rata) AHP2 or $82,398 – $104,154 p.a. (pro rata) RN/M2C | 18.75 hour p.w. 12 month vacancy from October 30 2023
Join the Statewide Paediatric Eating Disorders Service to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable young people.
Statewide Eating Disorders Services for Adolescents (SEDSA) are looking for a Clinical Nurse or Allied Health Professional to join their team which aims to improve the health and wellbeing of children and adolescents experiencing eating disorders. The vacancy is based at the Marion GP Plus Health Care Centre which offers a broad range of health care services designed to around the needs of its community, including mental health, to assist in reducing the reliance on hospital services. Learn more about SEDSA here.
Collaborating closely with a multidisciplinary healthcare team within SEDSA, as well as external GPs, you will play a vital role in coordinating outpatient and inpatient care to adolescents in experiencing an eating disorder. The Service provides Family Based Treatment (FBT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Enhanced for Adolescents (CBTEA) as the primary evidence based treatment modalities. Full training and ongoing clinical supervision are provided. If you’re a dedicated and empathetic professional with a passion for paediatric mental health, we invite you to join us in making a meaningful impact on the well-being of our young patients.
Key duties for the role include:
- Develop individualised treatment plans and provide evidence-based therapy,
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure holistic care,
- Support and educate patients’ families,
- Monitor and adjust treatment plans to track patient progress.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team,
- Empathy and a genuine desire to help children and families in need,
- Commitment to maintaining ethical and professional standards in your practice.
This is a multi-classed position, suitable for both Allied Health and Nursing Qualifications. For appointment at the AHP2 level, you will hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Social Work, and be eligible for membership of the relevant professional association. For appointment as the Clinical Nurse you will be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate with at least 3 years post Registration experience.
For full details, please see the attached Role Descriptions.
In addition to the annual salary and entitlements (superannuation & leave loading), we also offer salary sacrifice benefits. Watch a short video about what salary packaging is.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and Immunisation compliance as indicated on the Role description.
SA Health Services are required to implement the Addressing vaccine preventable disease: Occupational assessment, screening and vaccination policy in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 844074
Want to Know More?
Name: Andrew McGregor Telephone: (08) 7117 8800
Email: [email protected]
Application Closing Date:
11.55 pm Sunday 1st October 2023
- 844074 – SPEDS Social Worker Role Description
- 844074 – SPEDS Occupational Therapist Role Description
- 844074 – SPEDS Clinical Nurse Role Description
- 844074 – SPEDS Psychologist Role Description
- Australian applicant guidelines
- International applicant guidelines
- Healthcare Worker Immunisation Requirements