A CAREER OF LIFE-CHANGING IMPACT STARTS NOW
• Enjoy the flexibility of a casual position based at our Macquarie Fields campus
• Positively impact the future of your industry
• Access an excellent hourly rate of $52.27
ABOUT TAFE NSW
At TAFE NSW, we are dedicated to life-changing impact. That’s why we offer world-class training and education that delivers the skills needed for the jobs of today and tomorrow.
Work at TAFE NSW and you will also discover a dynamic and collaborative environment. Here you can innovate, create value and proudly play a meaningful role in delivering quality training to the people of NSW. So, are you ready to make life-changing impact?
We have an exciting causal opportunity for a creative and motivated individual with current industry knowledge and experience in Community Services to join our Macquarie Fields delivery team as an Education Support Officer.
Working within a team of Community Services professionals, the Education Support Officer is supervised by the Head Teacher. The role is responsible for a range of activities which support learners and enhances the student learning experience.
Note: This role does not teach or prepare lessons or resources and does not deliver training nor undertake assessment.
You are a motivated and engaged individual who thrives on assisting and supporting others to achieve their highest potential. You possess current sector knowledge and experience in Community Services and are committed to maintaining your skills and knowledge in this area. You have demonstrated experience in establishing relationships with and providing exceptional customer service to diverse individuals. You pride yourself on your exceptional communication and time management skills in a high workload environment. Crucially, you are someone who shares the TAFE NSW Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Customer First.
To be considered for this role you need to meet the following essential requirements:
• Appropriate subject knowledge, skills and qualifications in Community Services (Diploma or above)
• Ability to understand Community Services learning materials and assessment processes
• High level interpersonal and communication skills, incl. excellent customer service
• An ability to be proactive and show initiative
• Commitment and ability to support and motivate students in an adult learning environment
• An ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse individuals
• Skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies
Your application for this role should include the following:
1. Current Resume (PDF)
2. Cover Letter addressing the Essential Requirements above (PDF) (max. one page)
3. Certified copies of Vocational Qualifications (PDF)
CLOSING DATE Sunday, 20th August 2023 11:59pm
Please note that a suitability list may be created for this position, and position(s) of the same classification to fill future vacancies at TAFE NSW.
Role Specific Enquiries
Kylie Somalis | Head Teacher Personal & Community Services | [email protected]
Application Specific Enquiries
Meg O’Halloran | Talent Acquisition Advisor | [email protected]
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At TAFE NSW we are committed to creating an inclusive workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
We provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition Advisor Meg O’Halloran via email at [email protected].
A Working with Children Check is a prerequisite of anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. More information on The Working with Children Check (WWCC) can be found at Office of the Children’s Guardian.
For temporary jobs at TAFE NSW, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia.