Help us build a much needed lived-experience and trauma-informed workforce to bolster meaningful service delivery in SA’s community and social services sector.
Centacare’s Registered Training Organisation (RTO, provider number 1004) is at an exciting phase of developing its suite of educational and training opportunities for South Australia’s social and community services sectors. With a focus on lived experience and trauma-informed training, our dynamic, diverse and hard-working team authentically supports our learners and aims to impact future service delivery through educational outcomes.
The role of Educator includes, but is not limited to, the development and delivery of a range of training programs including e-learning within a fee for service framework. A key focus of the role will be responsiveness to organisational, stakeholder and individual client needs within the RTO service expectation framework. It includes co-delivery of CHC43515 Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work and may include other qualification on the RTO scope.
See attached Position Description for full details.
What you need to bring
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or working towards
- Certificate IV or higher-level qualification in relevant human service qualification
- Excellent skills in training facilitation within vocational area
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness in approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities and problem solve
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Some out of hours work and inter/intra-state travel may be required
- Where appropriate, role model best practice through appropriate and timely sharing of lived experience in classroom and with the team, in alignment with the qualification and training package requirements being delivered
- Support the organisation overall to develop standards and best practice principles for lived experience workforce
- Degree level qualification in a related discipline
- Three years of experience of working in consumer/carer work in human services
- Three years of VET training and experience managing course delivery
- Strong knowledge of the VET sector and the National Standards for RTOs (2015)
- Experience using Learning management Systems
- Experience in instructional design and the delivery of online learning programs
- Experience in extracting reports from data systems such as STELA and VASTO
What’s in it for you
- Permanent part-time, on-going position
- Award Free ($42.25 – $44.29) Salary negotiable based on qualifications and experience
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Meal and entertainment card option available
- High performing, goal focused, collaborative & supportive team environment
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- Enable learner growth and professionalism in an in-demand workforce
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
- Study leave for ongoing employees
- Health insurance discounts with Bupa
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic Family Services – Our Story
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Lana Dulic, Manager, on 08 8215 6865.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be shortlisted as received and the job advertisement may close without notice.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
With respect, no agencies please.