An exciting opportunity for Mental Health Clinicians to join our Emergency Mental Health Services (EMHS) team. The EMHS Clinician plays an integral role within the ED, Mental Health Triage, and PACER, providing an interface between community and inpatient services within public mental health.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Full-time, part-time or fixed-term contracts available
- Working in the front line of EMHS (PACER, Triage, and ECATT) with the opportunity to make a positive difference
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPN3/RPN4), Social Workers (SW2/SW3), Occupational Therapists (OT2/OT3) or Psychologists (P2/P3).
- Develop Mental Health Triage phone skills and undertake mental health assessments in the Emergency Department
- PACER rotation, mobile role to undertake mental health assessments in the community in partnership with Victoria Police
- Rotating roster – highly flexible, experienced, and supportive team
- Based at Werribee Mercy Hospital – Public Health
- Genuine career progression opportunities, a supportive orientation program to develop skills
- Seeking a passionate and recovery focused Mental Health Clinician, highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Resilience and positivity to the daily challenges of working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Police, Ambulance, and ED staff, with a commitment to maintaining a positive workplace culture
- Qualification: Registered with AHPRA with one of the following; a Registered Nurse with a Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health, Occupational Therapist, Social Work with the eligibility of membership for the Association of Australian Social Workers, or a psychologist with an approved degree in Psychology.
- Experience in mental health essential.
Mercy Mental Health (South West Area Mental Health Service) is a public mental health service supporting people in southwest metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs, and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also deliver inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirements).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process, please contact us at the details below.
Bernard Mondon – 0466 869 681
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button.