- Working with disadvantaged people presenting barriers to employment.
- Engaging with local employers.
- Supporting participants in Perth North (Mirrabooka, Joondalup, Midland) to build their careers.
Are you passionate about connecting with participants aged 15 and over to develop their employment skills? Do you want to engage local employers, develop solutions which strengthen their businesses and launch participants on their career path?
With the recent expansion of our Employability Skills Training (EST) program, we’re looking for a supportive and enthusiastic Employability Skills Trainer to carry out program delivery in Perth North and be part of Training Alliance Group’s (TAG) expanding team.
About the Role
TAG has delivered EST to job seekers in Western Australia since the program began in April 2017. Building on this experience, we deliver blended learning programs to participants which align with the Core Skills for Work Developmental Framework & local industry needs. We embed development of literacy skills across all course content. Our approach maximises participant participation and engagement in their own development.
As an Employability Skills Trainer you will work with groups of participants to overcome barriers and develop their capacity. We will provide the training and support so you can successfully work with individuals, develop their skills, and identify employment opportunities and career paths. Core activities include:
- Conducting face-to-face and online group employability skills coaching. Our person centred approach recognises each participant’s existing skills, defining them by their future aspiration.
- Co-designing each participants’s career roadmap, helping to develop skills and gain meaningful employment.
- Building relationships with community organisations and local stakeholders.
- Engaging local employers to understand their needs.
- Placing appropriately trained participants into known or advertised positions.
- Using established employer networks to promote transferable & recently gained skillsets.
This is a casual position based in Perth North and the successful candidate will be working 4 days per week, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have passion or experience in working with people from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Be a results driven and motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
- Have the ability to work in an autonomous environment.
- Possess excellent administration and time management skills.
- Satisfy a pre-employment check including a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
- Hold appropriate qualifications in community related, business development, or humanities field (desirable).
Training Alliance Group is a leading provider of education and employment services in Western Australia. Our team works hard every day to support individuals in achieving their employment and education goals, through our two RTOs and programs such as Workforce Australia, Transition to Work, Employability Skills Training, and ParentsNext.
We focus on building a success culture based on integrity, attention to detail and exceptional customer service. This allows each team member to develop their skills and enjoy implementing employment solutions for individuals, businesses and the broader community.
With our new Employability Skills Training contract having commenced in July, we will continue to support participants throughout metro and regional WA and parts of NSW!
Benefits of Working with Us:
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- In-depth training and ongoing professional development.
- Part of an expanding West Australian success story.
- Competitive salary and salary sacrifice for superannuation.
Think this is the role for you? To apply, click Apply and submit your resume through SEEK.
Training Alliance Group is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.