Aspire works alongside people with disabilities and their families to achieve their goals and aspirations. We believe that everyone should be able to achieve their goals and live the life they choose.
Our focus is to work together with all to build a community where all people are empowered and supported. We provide a variety of services in and around Albury/Wodonga.
If you would like to work alongside customers and their families, in a direct or indirect capacity to achieve their goals and aspirations then this role is suitable to you.
Aspire’s values are: Integrity, Inclusive, Connection, Excellence and Understanding
The Experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner will provide quality and specialist behaviour support through assessments, observation and analysis, and the provision of support services and assistance in the development and evaluation of behaviour support and intervention programs for children, young people and adults with disability. The Experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner liaises closely with the NDIS and will have chargeable targets to meet.
- Develop Functional Behavioural Assessments and Behaviour Analysis Support Plans
- Liaise and consult with clients, hospital and community staff, carers/family members, relevant agencies and government departments as appropriate
- Provide direct behavioural interventions in group and individual settings
- Use behavioural, psychological and evidence-based theories to develop and implement program designs and interventions
- Build and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Adhere to NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission requirements
- Prepare customer records including timely and effective file notes, support plans, reports and other correspondence
- Complete incident reports and any other mandatory reports as and when required
Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Education, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or associated clinical field and either current registration to practice as a core, proficient or advanced behaviour support practitioner in accordance with the NDIS Capability Framework, or willingness to undertake the self-audit requirements to achieve registration.
You must also hold:
- NDIS Worker Screening Check and Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current Driver’s License
We look forward to hearing from you.