Are you a skilled fabrication tradesperson looking for a new and rewarding career path? ✨ Look no further! Our Rutherford campus is expanding 👏 so we are seeking a casual Fabrication Trade Trainer to join our team!
What you’ll be doing
Your excellent interpersonal skills paired with your passion for adult education will see you deliver quality training to students and genuinely make an impact on people’s lives. Our trainers work with our students through face-to-face contact, as well as by distance, and online to deliver training, support, and assessment. Our training is designed to equip students with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge needed to excel in industry. 🧰 🔧
As a Fabrication Trade Trainer, you’ll have the opportunity to inspire and shape future industry professionals by:
- Leading engaging training sessions, sharing your practical knowledge and hands-on experience. 🙌
- Providing guidance and mentorship.
- Assisting in the development of comprehensive training materials, including lesson plans, presentations, and assessments.
- Fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment. 🌈
What you’ll get in return
As well as a fun, supportive and inclusive environment, you’ll also get:
- Access to salary packaging to maximise your income by increasing your take home pay by 6-12% (paying less income tax) – sometimes it pays to work for the good guys! 🤩
- Access to discounted gym & health insurance rates. 🍎
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Ongoing professional development opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Deliver training in our purpose-built workshops and training facilities.
- The satisfaction of making a real impact on the lives and careers of our students.
What you’ll bring to the table
We employ trainers who are actively engaged in industry practice whilst teaching, giving students insight into current industry processes and trends. To be successful in this role, you will be a Trainer and Assessor with strong student engagement and enthusiasm for sharing your current industry knowledge and experience. You will be effective and engaging in the delivery of training and assessment material for VET courses alongside maintaining all assessment and report documentation for all participants for the course. You will work closely with the Training Coordinator to implement effective holistic programs, ensuring successful student outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will also need to demonstrate:
- Current qualifications relevant in the fabrication trade. 👷
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher.
- A genuine passion for teaching and mentorship.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and tailor training methods to accommodate diverse learning styles.
- Experience working in the Vocational Education and Training sector.
- Strong computer skills and experience using virtual platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Suite programs, and Office 365. 💻
- Experience delivering training to students with barriers to education and training is highly regarded.
Who you’ll be working with…
The amalgamation of HVTC and the Central Coast Community College has combined two dynamic organisations working in the VET sector, delivering apprentice & trainee employment and vocational education and training.
HVTC is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to changing lives through training and employment. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. We believe in the power of knowledge and learning, but also diversity and choice and we understand that one person’s dream is different to the next. In collaboration with businesses across NSW, we match the right person with the right career and support them to realise their full potential.
The Central Coast Community College is a Registered Training Organisation which provides high quality, adult education courses for our community. The College offers a range of courses to support our students in gaining employment and enabling pathways to further education. We offer students a supportive and friendly learning environment, ensuring training is tailored to our students’ needs and adequate attention is given to every individual.
HVTC Group is leading the way in vocational education and training, connecting people with purpose to fulfil their potential.
How to Apply…
To apply, please follow the ‘Apply Now’ button and upload your Cover Letter and Resume. Please note that only applications addressing the selection criteria will be considered.
Further information on this position can be obtained by contacting Alyssa on (02) 4932 4222. 📞
Applications close Sunday 20th August 2023.
Appointment to this position is subject to the successful completion of a Working with Children Check, and National Police Check.
Central Coast Community College is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with Disability, or applicants from other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.