Work at Dementia Australia and be part of a passionate team committed to making a difference. We value our people and are proud to offer flexibility, attractive salary packaging options and employee support programs.
About the role
Multiple casual positions based in Sydney or
Hamilton, NSW. Reporting directly to the Team Leader, Centre for Dementia
Learning, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering, assessing, and evaluating structured professional education sessions, both accredited and non- accredited
- Assist in strengthening relationships with organisations as part of the delivery process by promoting Dementia Australia programs and services
- Deliver education services both face to face at a range of locations including Aged Care Facilities, public venues and via online video conferencing platforms
- Utilising a continuous improvement approach to all tasks and initiatives, including reviewing and developing courses, ensuring programs comply with an array of professional standards and ensuring that education is delivered to the highest standard
What is in it for you?
Salary benefits: we offer all employees the opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 each year for living expenses and up to $2,650 each year for entertainment benefits.
Leave allowances: in addition to an annual leave allowance of 20 days, you will also receive three days paid end of year closure leave, one day paid birthday leave, up to six weeks parental leave and 17.5% annual leave loading.
Work/life balance: flexible, hybrid work arrangements.
Employee benefits: wellbeing programs and access to free and confidential counselling sessions for you and your family
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with the following:
- A formal qualification in an appropriate field including but not limited to: allied health, nursing, education, leisure and lifestyle or educational qualifications to a diploma level or higher in adult education for accredited programs. A qualification in Dementia is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in the design, delivery and assessment of adult education
- Experience delivering engaging and professional presentation
- Experience working in health, welfare or community sector
- Experience with taking a continuous improvement approach
- Experience in the development of inclusive interactive learning considerate to special needs participants
- Knowledge of dementia and its impact upon the person living with dementia and their families and friends
- As this role requires some travel, a valid driver?s licence and car is required
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (Preferred) OR
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment AND one of the following:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or its successor or
- TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and one of the following:
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or its successor or
- TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools or
- TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools
- Diversity and Equality
- Respect and Inclusiveness
- Integrity and Accountability
Dementia Australia is the source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. No matter how you are impacted by dementia or who you are, we are here for you.
For specific role enquiries, please contact [email protected]
note, applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of
the key selection criteria will not be considered.