Are you a skilled Family and Carer Counsellor? Join our team and provide essential support to individuals and families in need.
Position: Family and Carer Counsellor
Location: Ballarat, however will be required to provide support across the Grampians Region
Type: Part time or full time ? multiple roles
Tenure: Fixed term until 31 August 2025
Are you a compassionate and dedicated professional with a passion for helping families and caregivers navigate life’s challenges? Ballarat Community Health are seeking a skilled Family and Carer Counsellor to join our team and provide essential support to individuals and families in need.
The role will be an important part of a dedicated team that is providing authentic, peer-led support and assistance at the new Grampians Mental Health and Wellbeing Connect. The Centre is a key part of the Victorian Mental Health Reforms.
Ballarat Community Health is a not-for-profit organisation working hand in hand with our community to achieve healthier lives. We exist to ensure that people from all walks of life can access quality health care, no matter their circumstances.
Delivering a range of primary health, social care and community-based support to meet local community needs, and promote equality, we strive to cater for the health and wellbeing of every person in our community at every stage of their life.
Though we are Ballarat’s community health provider, with seven sites, we also operate across the surrounding areas through partnerships, outreach, centre-based activities and co-located services.
What you will bring to the team:
- Willingness to utilise your own lived or living experience as a family member, carer or supporter of someone experiencing mental ill-health and/or substance use challenges to inform your work and the work of the team.
- Tertiary degree qualifications in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Family Therapy or other health related field as designated by BCH.
- Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Australian Counselling Association (ACA) or equivalent accreditation or ability to obtain.
- Proven experience in providing counselling services to families and caregivers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with diverse clients.
- Empathy, patience, and excellent active listening skills.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution abilities.
- Respect for confidentiality and ethical guidelines.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for documentation and communication.
Ballarat Community Health staff benefits:
- Salary packaging – up to $15,900 for everyday living expenses and up to $2,650 meals and entertainment
- Excellent working conditions with a high sense of job satisfaction
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to employee wellness programs and discounts
- Social club
- Ballarat – Australia’s most liveable regional city (RMIT 2020)
Ballarat Community Health is a values driven organisation and you will thrive working in a culture that values respect, integrity, optimism, courage, resilience.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled, professional, friendly and dedicated team who takes pride in providing high quality service. BCH provides a supportive environment that encourages professional growth and education in this specialist area.
Applications must be submitted by 11:5pm on Monday 11 September 2023.
For further enquiries about this role please contact Jo Gell, Executive Manager Client Service on telephone 03 5338 4512.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Ballarat Community Health, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person?s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community.
We strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles. If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the People and Culture team via email at [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Be part of something special. Apply now.