Do you have a passion to make a difference in the Community?
Work for a well-regarded Not for Profit organisation in this full-time position, supporting clients across Randwick, City of Sydney, Waverly, Woollahra and Bayside LGA’s
Join our warm, supportive and dynamic team based in Mascot
South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is looking for a Part-Time skilled Family Worker, to assist and support families and children in south-east Sydney.
As a Family Worker, you will work in a warm, supportive and dynamic team based in Mascot.
About South Eastern Community Connect
South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is a non-profit organisation with community centres in Eastlakes and Mascot, Sydney. Our services tackle the loneliness problem and equip people with skills for life.
The SECC team is here for the community, no matter the person’s age, cultural background or religion.
This contracted position is 21 hours per week, ideally Monday to Wednesday (we can be flexible) ending 30 June 2025, with the possibility of contract extensions (pending future funding).
- Social Work Degree and at least one year experience
- Experience and knowledge of community, youth and family services
- Experience in delivering client focused direct service to community
- Experience in facilitating youth or parenting programs
- Previous experience in community development roles working with people who have experienced marginalisation, disadvantage or vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated ability to network and work co-operatively with other organisations
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a varied work environment and across multiple work sites
- Current Drivers licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Current 1st Aid/CPR Certificate (or willingness to obtain one)
- Full working rights in Australia
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Additional paid leave between Christmas & New Year closure
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP), to support your wellbeing
- 15 minute walk from Mascot train station
- Plenty of free on street parking locally
- We provide a supportive team-environment, a nurturing workplace for personal growth and mentoring opportunities
Note: This role is paid under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010, Level 3.1 – 3.2
How to apply
To apply for this role, send a cover letter and your resume to Anne Clatworthy, HR Manager at [email protected]
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.