About the role
A Support Worker role is responsible for supporting women over the age of 18 who access our refuge services. Responsibilities include case management and support, administrative duties, and housekeeping.
Currently, permanent part-time positions and casual positions are available. These positions will include night shifts and some morning or afternoon shifts. Night shifts will be either active shifts (10pm – 6am) or sleep/inactive shifts (8pm – 8pm).
You must be available and willing to work a varied pattern of shifts across a 24/7 roster (including short notice, night shifts, weekends, and public holidays) to be considered for these roles.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualification and/or degree in Social Science, Social Work, Community Services, or Mental Health.
- An ability to provide a high level of professional care and practical support to all clients.
- A sound understanding and experience of the fields of social reform including homelessness, family and domestic violence, mental health, and drug and alcohol use.
- An understanding of the appropriate relationship boundaries with clients and other service providers and the ability to work within the constraints of the job role.
- Ability to complete assessments, risk assessments and safety plans
- Experience working in a case management frameworks
- Competency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Competency in SHIP or other case management software, desirable
The successful candidate will need to provide:
- National Police Clearance Certificate – obtained in the last 6 months
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid First Aid Certificate, desirable
- Opportunities for career development, supervision, professional development, and training
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential well-being support
- An inclusive culture of dedicated and caring team members
To apply for this position
Apply by submitting a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria in no more than two pages, together with your resume. Applications with no selection criteria will not be accepted.
Applications close Friday 25th August 2023 at 5:00 pm WAST
Zonta House promotes a workplace that values and fosters the diversity of our staff. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people of all ages.
For enquiries, please contact Hannah O’Connor, Team Leader on 0450 158 454
Zonta House reserves the right to commence interviews with suitable applicants immediately.