Our Therapeutic Counselling Services have been providing affordable counselling services to South Australian individuals and families for more than 40 years. We work with people facing a broad range of concerns in their lives and relationships that, includes a specialised focus on working with men and women around family violence.
The role is a permanent full-time position, however flexible work arrangements can be offered for the right candidate.
The role is based at Uniting Communities Smithfield Hub site where over 12 services work together to support the local community. We work in partnership with other services in the Northern Adelaide region to provide a holistic approach for our customers, families and children. Local people, supporting their community.
Based at our Smithfield office, the role is responsible for the following:
- Providing a high standard of individual and group counselling to children, young people, and adults.
- Supporting families to strengthen relationships, including all people affected by family violence, and increase participation of people in community life to enhance family & community functioning.
- Supporting family relationships in the best interests of children by providing safe alternatives to formal legal processes.
- Providing relevant information, education and referral to clients and other relevant stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, or Counselling
- Professional experience in counseling
- Expertise in assisting individuals affected by family and domestic violence
- Familiarity with therapeutic approaches like narrative therapy and family therapy
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Effective management of competing priorities
About the Benefits
- In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 per year pre tax and additionally a $2,650 Meals and Entertainment card.
- To see how this could potentially benefit your take home pay, visit our salary packaging provider – Access Pay
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Early Intervention Physio Program
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
Check out our additional benefits at www.unitingcommunities.org
To apply, please submit a cover letter addressing the position description and a current resume with the names of two referees.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 20th September 2023.
As an organisation, we are committed to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are required to work within our code of conduct and undergo relevant pre-employment checks.