About the Role
Meli is excited to advertise for the role of Family Counsellor – Carer Led Services, based within the Wellways Family and Carer-led Centre in Geelong. This position is part-time (0.6 FTE) and is fixed term until 4 November 2024. The core purpose of this role is to provide assessments and counselling support for children, young people, couples, individuals, and families within the context of their family to manage and enhance their relationships.
- Provide therapeutic and family counselling to support children/young people, families, individuals, or couples to manage and enhance their relationships.
- Undertake assessment of complex family systems to determine an appropriate therapeutic approach to support the wellbeing of children young people and families.
- Deliver appropriate and evidenced based interventions such as single session, brief intervention or ongoing counselling as assessed and required.
- Engage effectively with family members to support the development of a range of skills and behaviours to support goals and identified behavioural change.
- Deliver reflective practice and provide secondary consultation.
- Collaborate effectively to ensure linkages, referrals and coordinated services responses.
- Part-time (3 days a week), Fixed Term until 4 November 2024.
- $102,791 p/a (pro-rata) + super + salary packaging
- To view the Position Description, please head to our website: https://bcyf-external.applynow.net.au/jobs/2301038
What We Offer
- Flexible working options
- Meli is a not-for-profit organisation, so you can salary package up to $15,900 each Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) year for general living expenses
- A workplace passionate about diversity and inclusion with Employee Led inclusion working groups open to all employees
- Extensive learning & development opportunities and pathways for career progression
- Employee Assistance Program – independent confidential counselling service
- A dynamic culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Paid parental leave program, in addition to the government parental leave scheme
- Ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave
- A tertiary qualification in counselling, psychology or related behavioural sciences with applicable registration (e.g., AHPRA registration).
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the provision of counselling, family therapy or consultations for children, young people, and their families.
- Knowledge of trauma theory, family violence, child development, attachment theory, addictive behaviours and grief and loss and an understanding of and demonstrated experience in applying evidence based therapeutic approaches to counselling and a commitment to best practice.
- Ability to provide comprehensive case notes, assessments, and counselling interventions.
- Knowledge of the broader client services system, legislation, support services and organisations.
- To apply, please click the ‘quick apply’ button on Seek, or head to our Meli Careers page: https://bcyf-external.applynow.net.au/jobs/2301038
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement.
- Meli reserves the right to interview before the closing date of this position, so please don’t delay in applying.
For a confidential discussion about the position please contact Alexandra Bruinier, Team Leader – Therapeutic Services, on 0493 682 067.
Meli is committed to providing a child safe environment. We have zero tolerance of any abuse or maltreatment of children.
Meli values and celebrates diversity and are working to create a team of people who reflect the diverse community we support. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA+, culturally diverse people, those living with a disability, and those looking to return to the workforce following a break in their career are encouraged to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Recruitment team via email at [email protected].
Applications close 1:00pm Thursday 28 September 2023.