- Full Time Position with flexible hours
- $42.20 per hour plus generous salary sacrificing benefits of up to $15,900 to increase your take-home pay
- Professional and friendly working environment
The Family Relationship Centre offers a range of services and programs to help families at all stages of their life including, people starting relationships, those who
want to make their relationships stronger, people with relationship difficulties and families who have separated. The Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner provides
family dispute resolution services as part of the Family Relationship Centre.
Key tasks of this role will include:
- Provide family dispute resolution services;
- Property Mediation services;
- Intake, information, support and referral services;
- Community education / group work services;
- Ongoing program promotion and networking.
A Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner must ensure they provide services in accordance with the Family Law Act, Family Relationship Centre Operational Framework and the organisational Quality Management System policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
I. Tertiary or equivalent qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Social Work, Psychology, Law, Social or Behavioral Sciences
II. Mediation or Conflict Resolution qualifications and/or National Mediation Accreditation and/or Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Accreditation; and or the ability to obtain registration under the accreditation standards set out in the FDRP regulations.
III. Experience in family dispute resolution and child-focused practices and the ability to articulate the family dispute resolution process.
IV. Current C class driver’s license (QLD); and
V. Ability to obtain and maintain relevant security clearances (Positive Notice Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption, Satisfactory Australian Federal Police Check).
- The ability to deliver Family Dispute Resolution services in accordance with the Family Law Act (Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners guidelines) and the organisational Quality Management System policies and procedure.
- Apply knowledge of relevant theoretical models and frameworks (FDR, conflict resolution, child development and child inclusive mediation) to ensure FDR practice appropriate to client needs.
- Professionally represent and promote CatholicCare in the wider community by engaging in and developing strong networks and partnerships.
- The ability to collaborate within a team in an open plan office environment
- Willingness to travel within the area of service delivery and occasionally outside the area of service delivery.
About Catholic Care
CatholicCare Central Queensland is a large, vibrant and well respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate and professional social services. We do this through education, counselling, and community support – encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples, and families to continue to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents:
• Your current resume
• A cover letter clearly addressing core competencies.
Apply today for a career that changes lives!