- Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of other people
- $36 per hour plus generous salary packaging options to increase your take home pay.
- A varied and interesting role with an established and respected community organisation.
About CatholicCare Central Queensland
CatholicCare Central Queensland is a leading community service provider local to Rockhampton. Specialising in the delivery of a wide range of quality social services including aged care, disability care, counselling, psychology, family relationship support and mediation and domestic and family violence response, CatholicCare Central Queensland offers diverse and rewarding careers in busy and dynamic environments.
About the Role
As a member of the Clinical & Social Services Team, Caseworkers in the Family Intervention Service are responsible for providing a range of information, support, referral, skills based education and case management services to:
- Provide support for the reunification of families engaged with Child Protection services
- Provide support to build stronger attachments between children and parents
- Support to strengthen the caring and parenting capacity of caregivers
- Provide support to improve the capacity of the families they are working with to re-engage with their community.
- Work collaboratively with Child Protection services to resolve identified concerns they have with individual families
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum qualification is Diploma in Community Services with relevant experience in the Child protective Services Systems in any state or territories, and or associated disciplines in AOD, Mental Health or Youth Work; or
- Working towards relevant degree, Diploma in Community Services, Diploma in Mental Health, AOD or Diploma Youth Work, and has the relevant experience in either discipline, to undertake the range of activities required.
- Current C class Driver’s license (QLD)
In addition to the above, you will need to demonstrate:
- The capacity to be client focused, build relationships with clients through rapport, trust, and effective communication during interventions.
- Working knowledge of statutory requirements relevant to Child Protection matters
- Implement client outcome measures in accordance with service guidelines and funding agreement accountability
- Knowledge of issues and appropriate responses to children experiencing domestic and family violence, child abuse and or self-harm
- Ability to complete concise, factual reporting for Child Protection services as per funding agreements and service guidelines
- Provide appropriate skill-based education to meet the goals of clients
- Provide appropriate intake, assessment, support, information, and referral of eligible clients
- Ability to conduct service delivery client reviews to ensure client needs are being met efficiently, and appropriately
All offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of relevant screening and background checks, including an Australian Federal Police check, an NDIS disability worker screening check, and attainment of a Blue Card for working with children, prior to commencement.
Why join CatholicCare?
CatholicCare (formerly CentacareCQ) is a large, vibrant and well respected not for profit organisation providing services across the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton. From Mackay in the north to Bundaberg in the south, and out to Longreach in the central west, our primary focus is based on our Christian Ethos and the principles of Catholic Social Justice. CatholicCare is proud to deliver services and employ our people regardless of religion, background, or beliefs.
As a valued employee of CatholicCare, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 300 staff. Supported by quality leadership, you will proudly deliver services to make a difference in the lives of a wide range of people across our local community. You will also enjoy:
- A supportive work-life balance
- A stable employer with a strong, values-driven culture
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Employee benefits across a range of product discounts and wellness content
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Generous salary packaging options of up to $15,900 to increase your take home pay
What to Do Next
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter clearly addressing the key aspects and requirements of the role
- Your current resume
Apply today for a career that changes lives.