Centacare North Queensland is a not-for-profit organisation that provides counselling, family support, mediation, family dispute resolution, disability services, education and courses, crisis housing and homelessness support, youth services, community engagement and NDIS services. Centacare services the North Queensland community from offices in Townsville, Ayr, Bowen, Mt Isa, Cloncurry, Longreach and Normanton.
Benefits you will enjoy
- SCHADS Level 4 Salary
- Generous NFP Salary Sacrifice Options
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave + 17.5% leave loading
- Birthday Leave + Other Above Award Benefits
- Extensive support and investment in your Professional Development
- Location Allowance
- Relocation assistance will be considered
Joining a values-driven, supportive and inclusive team, you will:
- Build rapport with families while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Complete assessment of family’s needs through engagement and consultation with the family and information obtained through outcome star, observations, family history, and child safety case plan. Develop an intervention plan based on assessment.
- Provide practical family support strategies and appropriate modelling of parenting and household skills to families to strengthen parenting capacity and to provide a positive family environment.
- Maintain regular contact with client (5-20 hours of contact and coordination support; minimum of twice weekly).
- Provide supervised contact between parents and their children as per intervention plan and complete a supervised contact agreement outlining details. Additionally, provide a supervised contact report following each contact in line with program procedures.
- Ensure consistent communication to Child Safety, maintaining reporting requirements as outlined in Information Provision to the Department of children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs.
Download the Position Description for important details on responsibilities and the position.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Possession of a relevant social services degree or Diploma qualification with experience in the social/community services sector.
- Demonstrated ability to impart knowledge and skills using a range of theoretical frameworks in a creative and flexible way regarding household and child management in a non-judgmental manner.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal for working with a broad-based network of service providers and culturally diverse clientele.
- Knowledge of and understanding of the issues that impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in contemporary society.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Indigenous people.
- An ability to understand and describe family functioning in a broad range of cultural and social contexts and knowledge of the impact of abuse and dysfunction with families.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake risk assessments relating to family functioning and risk within households.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and administration skills.
- Current open Driver licence.
- Current, and ability to retain, both a Working with Children Blue Card check and Disability Services Yellow Card.
Centacare North Queensland is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunities Employer. People from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have appropriate work rights in Australia.