- Ongoing part-time position (45.6 fortnightly hours), flexible days of work
- $83,275 annual salary + Leave Loading + Super + Salary Packaging* (to increase your take home pay – plus benefits if relocating from Regional SA or interstate)
- Located in Marion
You’re welcome at RASA
Our belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything we do.
You will be joining an inclusive, supportive and welcoming culture. Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) Values are Diversity, Respect, Belonging and Learning and this is reflected in the way we work and treat each other. Our teams embrace people from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, beliefs, sexual and gender identities. We understand that your relationships are important, so we believe in being flexible, where possible, to support you to balance your work and personal commitments.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a well-rounded Counsellor who can provide individual, couple and family counselling to assist people in resolving difficulties and building stronger relationships.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A tertiary qualification (AQF level 7) in social work, psychology, counselling or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals, couples or families in a therapeutic context.
- Demonstrated experience in providing counselling to those effected by Family and Domestic Violence including children and those using violence in relationships.
It would be a bonus if you have:
- A post graduate (AQF level 8) qualification in social work, psychology, counselling or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating therapeutic Family and Domestic Violence behaviour change groups.
What you will be doing
Family Law Counselling has a focus on post-separation but is not limited to working in this area. You will respond to a wide range of complex relationship and social issues which include parenting difficulties, relationship breakdown, family and domestic violence, mental health, substance misuse, problem gambling, childhood trauma and abuse. You’ll use your skills in responding to these wide range of issues to manage a variety of tasks including:
- Providing high quality, responsive counselling and groupwork (therapeutic and psycho-educational) interventions which respond to the needs of a diverse range of individuals, groups and communities.
- Promoting client safety through universal holistic screening and risk assessment utilising the Detection of Overall Risk Screen (DOORS) tool.
- Ensuring effective interventions through sound case formulation, planning, review and closure processes and appropriate reporting and referrals.
- Working collaboratively with other services to enable coordinated case management support that is sequenced and tailored to the needs of clients.
- Assisting clients affected by family violence (including children who experience or witness family violence) and engage individuals who use violent behaviours in their relationships to change.
For more information you can read the full Position Description.
If this role is what you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Melissa Rochow, Regional Manager South, 08 8377 5400.
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that the services provided at RASA sites mean that our employees need to follow some specific requirements:
- A satisfactory DHS Working with Children Check
- A satisfactory National Criminal History Check
- Have had the three TGA approved and recognised COVID vaccine doses and provide the certificate. If you can’t comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances.
*How Salary Packaging can increase your take home pay
Salary packing is an entitlement granted by the Federal Government to workers in approved non-government and health organisations. Salary Packaging can increase your take home salary by creating tax free earnings. In effect, $15,899 of your wage can be paid tax free in each fringe benefit tax year. This ‘tax free’ amount is in addition to the tax-free threshold of $18,200 for income.
Follow the link to the Salary Packaging information provided by AccessPay, our chosen provider, to find out more.
Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, helping people to overcome difficulties and bring about positive change in their lives. We offer services for families, couples and individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. To find out more about RASA go to rasa.org.au.