Family/Carer Peer Worker – Orygen Sunshine and Wyndham
Short description: Share your lived experience and guide young people through their mental health journey
- Ongoing part-time role | 2 days per week
- Based in Sunshine and Wyndham | Excellent team culture and development opportunities
- Make a difference in the lives of young people and their families/carers
Your new role:
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and provide a lived experience specific values and perspective
- Support young people and their families/carers with goal setting, group sessions, navigating system, problem-solving barriers to participation
- Support with recruitment, induction, training and supervision of other family/carer peer workers across Orygen
- Provide inclusive and sensitive practice to young people and their families/carers from Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander, CALD and LGBTQIA backgrounds
Your new team:
Orygen Specialist Program provides mental health services to young people aged 15-25 and their families/carers in Melbourne’s northwest and western suburbs.
The Orygen community care teams in Sunshine and Wyndham provides access to outpatient community care by a multidisciplinary team completing shift work rosters, and ensuring comprehensive, collaborative and coordinated care.
- Lived experience as a carer of a young person accessing youth mental health services and ability to share experiences in a recovery focused way
- Experience in delivering peer work in mental health, ideally in a youth-specific setting
- Passion, energy and determination to make a difference to the health outcomes for young people
- Qualifications/training in mental health are desirable but not required
Benefits of working with Orygen Specialist Programs:
- You will enjoy excellent work-life balance. We want you to stay long term!
- Join us during this inspiring time of growth and change – career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and close to public transport.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program – run by our dedicated employees
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a varied and interesting role with scope to develop a range of skills, and you can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us for a confidential discussion.
Please note: recruitment is ongoing, with interviews commencing as soon as suitable applications are received. Advertising may cease prior to the closing date.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement